My Curve 8300 has been weird lately with the aspect of I have no data working in an area I always have it and I have Full Bars with EDGE and , the data just don't work, there is no service outages ,I just call AT&T. They said my Sim card was the problem , does that make sense ? I would think my radio is on the frits especially because I have been getting GSM a lot
    09-29-08 07:05 AM
    Can you try another sim to remove this cause?
    09-29-08 07:08 AM
    No I don't I was going to swing by the AT&T store and have them give me a new one and try that then if that doesn't fix anything get a swap out sent to me. I just didn't think the Sim card affected the radio.
    09-29-08 07:38 AM
    I work for at&t and indeed it could very well be the sim card. The sim card can sometimes get defected and transmit some features to your phone and leave the others. Your sim isn't registering that you have data. Customer service should have been able to reset your sim over the phone. But I would definetly go in and get a new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 07:43 AM
    Thanks IT would kind of make sens e in the way that everything else is fine except for the data going in and out and the service going in and out. The sim card is free or not if its defective
    09-29-08 08:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD