Sticky trackball, cannot scroll down and a little sticky left and right also message counter allways shows 1 message. I have upgraded from 4.3 to 4.5 OSand its still showing 1 message, can anyone help?
    05-19-09 06:03 PM
    Not sure about the track ball but a soft reset will clear the message. Hold down alt rt shift and delete. The blackberry will reboot and you should be minus the phantom message.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-09 06:39 PM
    Ok, you may be able to clean your trackball with a q-tip dipped in alcohol. Work the ball around, hold the BB facedown, roll and click it several time. If this doesn't get it working for you, full disassembly and cleaning or replacement may be required.

Have you tried a battery pull to clear the message icon? Take off the back with the power on, pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, reinstall. If not, send yourself a message then try deleting that.

Last edited by BergerKing; 05-19-09 at 06:43 PM.
    05-19-09 06:39 PM
    Ok, you may be able to clean your trackball with a q-tip dipped in alcohol. Work the ball around, hold the BB facedown, roll and click it several time. If this doesn't get it working for you, full disassembly and cleaning or replacement may be required.

Have you tried a battery pull to clear the message icon? Take off the back with the power on, pull the battery, wait 30 seconds, reinstall. If not, send yourself a message then try deleting that.

Yes, I have tried the reset, even spent hours on the phone with Sprint to no avail. They sugested a master reset which I did when I upgraded to 4.5 OS has anyone ever had this problem? It's not serious but I'm constantly checking because I think there's a message, It's making me al ittle crazy
    05-19-09 06:56 PM
    you may have already checked this, but when I kept having my message counter showing 1 and tried everything to stop it even battery pulls, it ended up being that I had saved a message to my saved message folder then deleted it from my main box without actually opening it first, so when I would go look it wasint anything in the main box but when I clicked to read it in my saved box the message count of 1 went away.
    05-20-09 06:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD