I know how to set up custom tones for individual contacts the trouble is I have set up a custom tone on one specific contact and it shows the tone that is selected but when that individual calls it rings with one of the preloaded generic tones. No problems on the other contacts.

Thanks
    05-04-08 09:52 PM
    Is the caller's number blocked or private? If it isn't then make sure the number he is calling from matches the number you have stored for the contact.
    05-04-08 10:01 PM
    Thanks that helped. The problem was that her number in the contacts did not have the area code. Why spend hours troubleshooting when you can just post a thread and wait for the answer.
    05-05-08 08:07 AM
    Because in the process of troubleshooting you can gain a lot of knowledge about your phone...
    05-05-08 11:39 AM
    Because in the process of troubleshooting you can gain a lot of knowledge about your phone...
    That was harsh, sunkast. Do you realize that you are asking people to think for themselves.
    05-05-08 11:44 AM
    Unfortunately yes. Don't get me wrong though. There is nothing wrong with asking for help with a problem. But the reason I know as much as I do about my phone is because I have messed around with it. What I really mean is that by troubleshooting you can really get to know how the phone works.
    05-05-08 11:54 AM
    I agree about the troubleshooting...That's what I do for a living.(Biomedical Equipment Engineering Tech.) Sometimes it's really nice to get an answer the easy way
    05-05-08 09:12 PM
    Sunkast,

I too learned soo much just playing with my phone! While I love it here at crackberry.com, I would have missed out on learning so much if had found this site when I first converted to blackberry!!

I still learn so much from the forum, but I appreciate what you're saying about being hands on!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-08 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD