Everything was working well with my blackberry curve 8320. Then all of a sudden i try to connect my blackberry to my pc using a usb cable like a i always do and then things wernt working properly. My computer can read it as a drive, i can access my media card and all, but my blackberry desktop manager doesnt see it. When i open up blackberry desktop manager a prompt pops up and says "use the "connection settings" dialog under the options to specify the communication settings you wish to use" then the program pops up as being disabled and when i try to click on something it says "media manager is supported using a usb connection to run media manager, please connect the device using a usb cable." But it is!? Thats how my computer is reading it as a drive Through my usb. I looked in the options menu on my BB but could not find what the prompt said. I tried reinstalling the software, i reformatted my media card (seems to work fine), tried my BB on different computers using different usb cables. Same problem. Someone please help me.........
    10-10-08 02:28 PM
    I am sure you probably already tried this, but just in case - pull the battery on your BB while it is on and connected to USB cable and computer - then put it back while it is still connected
    10-10-08 02:31 PM
    yes i tried and still doesnt work. can you see my tears?
    10-10-08 02:39 PM
    Yeah Dude - I see your tears and I feel for ya - - I am sure someone will come along with a fix for you, but it's over my head at this point
    10-10-08 02:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

USB problems are usualy corrected by reinstalling the BlackBerry Desktop Manager. That will insure the right programs are in place and working correctly.

If that doesn't help, BlackBerry has produced a USB Troubleshooting paper.

BlackBerry Search Results
    10-10-08 04:19 PM
    ill give that a try. cross your fingers
    10-11-08 04:15 PM
    BOOOOYAHH!!!!
    works fine now. THANKS!!!
    10-11-08 04:22 PM
    the links you left worked like a charm
    10-11-08 04:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD