When an appointment alarm goes off on my OLD Treo, the screen lights up and I can see the details without any button presses. Also, if I don't acknowledge the alarm, it keeps sounding off every 3 minutes until I do press a key.

On the 8310, I keep missing my alarms because the alarm tone goes off once, and then just stops, the screen doesn't light up, and unless you happen to pick up the curve and turn it on, you'll never know you've missed an appointment.

Anyway to make the 8310 keep sounding off every few minutes or make the screen light up when alarm goes off?
    06-15-08 08:13 PM
    You need "BlackBerry Alerts". I have it (along with many others), and it's really a great app. It can be customized it to alert you at an interval you select and can flash different colors (again, that you select) for email, SMS, MMS, etc,,,
    06-15-08 09:24 PM
    The one and only thing that I really want is streaming audio and video
    06-15-08 09:34 PM
    You need "BlackBerry Alerts". I have it (along with many others), and it's really a great app. It can be customized it to alert you at an interval you select and can flash different colors (again, that you select) for email, SMS, MMS, etc,,,
    Sounds great. I'll go find it and try it out. Thanks!
    06-15-08 09:53 PM
    The one and only thing that I really want is streaming audio and video
    Are you referring to recording video? or playing youtube videos?
    06-15-08 09:55 PM
    I loaded BB Alerts on and it keeps freezing the BB. So I deleted the app. I have an 8310 with AT&T and BIS.

Wonder why?
    06-15-08 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD