my treo has been retied and im now a curve man. questions, for anyone who can help me get addicted:

1. is there a key to press, whereever i am, to lock the keypad? i hate going back to apps, several clicks backward, to find the lock icon.

2. i assigned specific ringtones to specific people in my add book and it doesnt work. the main ring tone, from options:screen/keyboard rings. why?

3. is there a list of shortcuts (the good ones, not from the manual) that anyone can share?

4. themes! where are the really good ones (free or otherwise)? and if i use the dimension/today (its ok), can i add more icons to the main screen, or swap ones that are pre set?

i want to be an addict, so please help me. thanks!
    08-02-07 12:43 AM
    for the key lock, I for one had to "customize" one of the convenience keys as a botton to lock the keyboard. Go to the options screen, then change one of the convenience keys to the keyboard lock. Just press to lock.
    08-02-07 01:33 AM
    Go to phone, menu / option / dial from home screen, turn it off. Now that you've done that, you have quite a few shortcuts you can use:

1. L = Calendar
    2. K = Lock device
    3. D = Notes
    4. T = Tasks
    5. M = Messages
    6. C = Compose

etc, etc, more, here!

Unlock ALL vendor themes yourself, here.
    08-02-07 05:37 AM
    thanks for the quick help. more though: when i set the keypad lock to my left button, i have to press it twice! when i press it once, i get my call log. why? frustrating. is that a permanent button feature? why cant anything be simple....
    08-02-07 10:32 AM
    I've heard of AT&T customers talking about that! Seems to be 'just' AT&T at the moment. I'm sure if you do a search here, you'll see stories about that...

Using the shortcut, and leaving the convenience keys as is, would be the best bet...
    08-02-07 11:26 AM
    you guys are great for getting me such complete info. thanks. im now on my way in gettin glocked on exchange server and BES. soon enough ill change over the rest of my ofice and burn those crappy tero's. no more resets!

has anyone found an answer to my questions about ringers assigned to names in the address book? they just wont work. suggestions? i check the ones i set specific ring tones to, and theyre in there (the card in add book), but when they call i get the tone i set in my normal profile, not "their" tone.

and, is there a way to add another field to the dimension today theme? it shows: messages; calendar; call log; then a few lines below Applications. i wanted to add another program to that page. seems l can in Dimension Zen if i move the icons around in the main page, but not in Dimension Today. weird.

off to obsess.

*oh yeah, i use a mac. yeah yeah, i know. but i wanted to download video (films, tv shows, and home movies) to my curve. how? software? convert to what, and then move to my 2bg mini sd?
    08-03-07 01:11 AM
    This, will help you to setup profiles properly, and ringtones for actual callers. Once in the advanced section, you just add an 'exception', for said caller. Also, for some reason, on a few device once it's set, you have to do a battery pull so it works properly...

Dimension theme is an as is theme, like 99% of themes, i.e. no changes can be done...

With regards to the MAC part of this, check the MAC forum, they should be able to help...
    08-03-07 02:15 AM
    thanks for the profile trick. done and working. i cant find the mac forum, can you point me? also, how does one subscribe to specific forums without posting a reply or thread? i want to get emails when anythings posted in the 8300 help/discussion, as well as the mac forum. sorry, again, this is all new to me. but its cool, and helps out so much. sda for my wife, as now im obsessed with this blackberry.

thanks!
    08-03-07 09:58 AM
    OK. got it. got subscribed. need more patience! now... movies on my curve, via a mac. the next quest. i now know about the mass media thing, which puts the 2gb card on my desktop, but .mov wont read (a quicktime file i just moved over). what formats will work in media, and how does one convert to that format and then fit on the card.

im sweating now.
    08-03-07 10:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD