doesnt need a stupid seperate plan to do dumb things
    cons:
    a bit smaller screen the the curve
    not as bright display
    sometimes it crashes
    battery life sux

Curve
    pros:
    pretty much nothing... a more stable OS maybe?
    better display?
    cons:
    need a seperate expensive plan to use functions that arent useful in any way
    people with blackberry's are generally not well-liked

as you can see I am left with a tough decision
    08-07-08 02:12 AM
    this shouldnt even be a comparison anyways. i dont think winmo devices should be compared to eachother. two entirely different monsters.
    Last edited by Garz; 08-07-08 at 09:31 AM.
    08-07-08 08:23 AM
    The curve is a WinMo device?
    08-07-08 08:40 AM
    The curve is a WinMo device?
    lol thanks i goofed....

i mean i dont think blackberries and windows mobile devices should be compared
    08-07-08 08:41 AM
    lol thanks i goofed....

i mean i dont think blackberries and windows mobile devices should be compared
    I don't see why not. They are both smartphones with the same overall goal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-07-08 09:03 AM
    I don't see why not. They are both smartphones with the same overall goal.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    All smartphones are not geared to the same type of users because they have their own strengths. While, I would compare these two devices, I wouldn't say that all smartphones could be compared to each other. I wouldn't compare a smartphone that has more emphasis on multimedia capabilties to one that has more emphasis on stability and communication. They obviously are not directed to the same consumer.
    08-07-08 09:57 AM
    All smartphones are not geared to the same type of users because they have their own strengths. While, I would compare these two devices, I wouldn't say that all smartphones could be compared to each other. I wouldn't compare a smartphone that has more emphasis on multimedia capabilties to one that has more emphasis on stability and communication. They obviously are not directed to the same consumer.
    Which is which? You think the Blackberry is a poor device when it comes to multimedia capabilities?
    08-07-08 10:36 AM
    This appears to be an effort by a troll to stir up discussion and dissension by comparing apples and oranges and expecting you to taste no difference.
    Just answer the question please. Is the Blackberry really limited when it comes to media capabilities?
    08-07-08 11:35 AM
    Let's look at some pro's and con's.

Treo800w:
    pros:
    has way more 3rd party apps
    can do pretty much anything the BB can
    touchscreen(i hate touchscreen)
    doesnt need a stupid seperate plan to do dumb things
    cons:
    a bit smaller screen the the curve
    not as bright display
    sometimes it crashes
    battery life sux

Curve
    pros:
    pretty much nothing... a more stable OS maybe?
    better display?
    cons:
    need a seperate expensive plan to use functions that arent useful in any way
    people with blackberry's are generally not well-liked

as you can see I am left with a tough decision
    Well it looks like you have made your decision already... nuff said. I could swear I saw a post made by you earlier this morning also, but it seems to be gone.

So what is the point you are here trying to make?? Other than talking down on BB's......

Everyone is entitled to feel how they wish about a device, personally I love my BB and enjoy everything it has to offer... my choice and decision.
    08-07-08 11:44 AM
    more 3rd part apps on a Windows phone???

Think you got the Treo 800w mixed up with Treo 755 or Centro which runs Palm OS.

Since your look at Treo 800w i guess you are a Sprint Custy.
    Just to break down a few things. Blackberry BIS is $30 a month that includes Unlimited Text Nav Email IM TV Music. Now you can get the same stuff for any phone on SPrint network guess for how much $30!!! Looks the same to me.

Generally Windows on a phone sucks. Used them hated them ditched them. Used Treo 755p great phone not a lot of problems few hiccups here and there. First day the Curve came out took it loved it will never change. Haven't had a single problem yet.

Good Luck wih your choice. IF you have any questions about SPrint feel free to PM im a rep for them.
    08-07-08 11:45 AM
    Which is which? You think the Blackberry is a poor device when it comes to multimedia capabilities?
    I think multimedia capabilities haven't been the strength of blackberries, historically speaking. But if we talking about the devices that are coming out, then multimedia features will be a lot better. While the treo 800 will still be out, the bold, thunder, kickstart (or whatever its called) will be new while the 800 was competing with the curve and pearl.

I have had the treo 650 and 700w, BB 8830WE and now the Curve. To me, the curve is the best overall device. Yeah the treo was cool because you can put a lot of applications on it, but besides that there is nothing else that would make me want that more than the curve. The curve's media player is just as capable as the treo. The treo obviously has the better web browser, but for me that's not a deal breaker. Takes more than the internet explorer to make a device better than the other.

So do I think the blackberry is poor with multimedia capabilties? If we compare it to the Iphone, then yes. But if we compare it to the treo, nope.
    08-07-08 11:46 AM
    So do I think the blackberry is poor with multimedia capabilties? If we compare it to the Iphone, then yes.
    ok so I see this point made quite often, I dont get it, what makes the iPhone so much more media capable? they both play music and movies, show album art(as if it really matters, who runs their media player in the foreground anyways)...am i missing something? I hate to bash on the iPhone, well actually i don't i rather enjoy it, but somebody please explain to me what i'm missing about it's "awesome" media capabilities, i really would like to knwo if i'm missing out on something that i'm just not privy to...thanks
    08-07-08 11:56 AM
    more 3rd part apps on a Windows phone???

Think you got the Treo 800w mixed up with Treo 755 or Centro which runs Palm OS.

Since your look at Treo 800w i guess you are a Sprint Custy.
    Just to break down a few things. Blackberry BIS is $30 a month that includes Unlimited Text Nav Email IM TV Music. Now you can get the same stuff for any phone on SPrint network guess for how much $30!!! Looks the same to me.

Generally Windows on a phone sucks. Used them hated them ditched them. Used Treo 755p great phone not a lot of problems few hiccups here and there. First day the Curve came out took it loved it will never change. Haven't had a single problem yet.

Good Luck wih your choice. IF you have any questions about SPrint feel free to PM im a rep for them.
    I'm currently on Sprint SERO right now and I fully DO NOT intend to add a seperate BB plan to that.

I get 500 min, Unlimited Nights&Weekends at 6PM, Unlimited Text, and Unlimited Data/Internet for $30. Why would I tack another $30 on to that just to use a "push-email" feature that has no real use anyway?
    08-07-08 12:02 PM
    it wouldnt be an ADDITIONAL $30...it would be INSTEAD of the $30 you're paying now, and you'd get teh same stuff
    08-07-08 12:07 PM
    I'm currently on Sprint SERO right now and I fully DO NOT intend to add a seperate BB plan to that.

I get 500 min, Unlimited Nights&Weekends at 6PM, Unlimited Text, and Unlimited Data/Internet for $30. Why would I tack another $30 on to that just to use a "push-email" feature that has no real use anyway?
    I agree, if I was you. But some people actually use their blackberry for more than just email and the $30 is justified. If thats not the case for you, then a blackberry is not for you, which is completely fine. I don't get a bunch of important email everyday and I don't use the web like its a computer but using other programs that pertain to my interests, I have still been able to avg around 30mb of data usage. So the 30 bucks is justified for what I do. If the features of the blackberry do not go with what you need, then its not the device for you. I would never sit here and say everyone should have a blackberry, because its not true. But IMO, it is the best device out there right now that fits my needs.
    08-07-08 12:07 PM
    I have never used a Palm so I can't speak for that but I have never been crazy for windows mobile devices.
    08-07-08 12:11 PM
    it wouldnt be an ADDITIONAL $30...it would be INSTEAD of the $30 you're paying now, and you'd get teh same stuff
    hit it right on the nail.
    08-07-08 12:12 PM
    ok so I see this point made quite often, I dont get it, what makes the iPhone so much more media capable? they both play music and movies, show album art(as if it really matters, who runs their media player in the foreground anyways)...am i missing something? I hate to bash on the iPhone, well actually i don't i rather enjoy it, but somebody please explain to me what i'm missing about it's "awesome" media capabilities, i really would like to knwo if i'm missing out on something that i'm just not privy to...thanks
    Its not about whether the device can do it or not, but it is the quality in which it is given that makes the difference between just being media capable and having awesome media capability.

The web is like a true web experience on an iphone. On the blackberry you have to mostly see every site in its "mobile" form unless you download opera mini, which I don't like because it doesn't do everything the blackberry browser does. So it's web browsing experience is limited. The Iphone definitely has a better media player. So the experience makes it better and it all goes back to the capability of the device.

I am not an iphone fan, but it has some better features than present blackberries and its mostly just the multimedia stuff.

It's like watching the football game on a standard definition 19 inch tv compared to watching it on a 42 inch HD tv. Sure, both tv's can show you the game, but one's experience is obviously better than the other.
    08-07-08 12:16 PM
    hit it right on the nail.
    This is amusing to me because I don't see anywhere on the Sprint page a $30 Blackberry Plan that covers everything that I have now.

The lowest Blackberry Plan is $69.99. Blackberry stacked onto SERO would be $10 less.
    08-07-08 12:16 PM
    I belive its the same as your $30 plan it only has a diffrent Code. The 69.99 might be the BES not the BIS.
    08-07-08 12:20 PM
    This is amusing to me because I don't see anywhere on the Sprint page a $30 Blackberry Plan that covers everything that I have now.

The lowest Blackberry Plan is $69.99. Blackberry stacked onto SERO would be $10 less.
    I think if you have questions about your providers plans, you should:

1) Contact them directly to see the actual cost vs what you have
    2) Go to the sprint forum, because I am sure plans and features have been discussed over there.

Sometimes the internet doesn't give you the full information. It wasn't until I went into a VZW store that I found out there were 2 different blackberry unlimited plans depending on if you were a BIS or BES user. At that time, on the BES plan was on the web (which is more expensive).

I would say this also, if you are interesting in seeing if a blackberry is worth it, when you are eligible for upgrade, get one. You have 30 days to return it. Doesn't hurt to try it out. At least then you can see things from both sides.
    08-07-08 12:22 PM
    Just took a look at the SERO plans your Everything 59.99 includes BIS!!!
    08-07-08 12:32 PM
    I think if you have questions about your providers plans, you should:

1) Contact them directly to see the actual cost vs what you have
    2) Go to the sprint forum, because I am sure plans and features have been discussed over there.

Sometimes the internet doesn't give you the full information. It wasn't until I went into a VZW store that I found out there were 2 different blackberry unlimited plans depending on if you were a BIS or BES user. At that time, on the BES plan was on the web (which is more expensive).

I would say this also, if you are interesting in seeing if a blackberry is worth it, when you are eligible for upgrade, get one. You have 30 days to return it. Doesn't hurt to try it out. At least then you can see things from both sides.
    I opened my SERO account on July 8th so today is the LAST DAY I have to switch phones under the 30 day return policy.

I am in a bidding war between the Treo and the Blackberry right now and I need to make my decision in the next couple of hours.
    08-07-08 12:34 PM
    Its not about whether the device can do it or not, but it is the quality in which it is given that makes the difference between just being media capable and having awesome media capability.

I am not an iphone fan, but it has some better features than present blackberries and its mostly just the multimedia stuff.

It's like watching the football game on a standard definition 19 inch tv compared to watching it on a 42 inch HD tv. Sure, both tv's can show you the game, but one's experience is obviously better than the other.
    So I see your point...I'll concede the web browsing point...but as far as music/movie playback...what's the difference I don't see any and I haven't heard any when listening to music off either one...so I get what you mean by the difference in SDTV and HDTV...but I just don't see why people say that it is so much better as a media player...is it just because it has internal storage?
    08-07-08 12:36 PM
    So I see your point...I'll concede the web browsing point...but as far as music/movie playback...what's the difference I don't see any and I haven't heard any when listening to music off either one...so I get what you mean by the difference in SDTV and HDTV...but I just don't see why people say that it is so much better as a media player...is it just because it has internal storage?
    I agree with you in a way that I don't think the iphone is a whole lot better in these areas. But much of my feelings is because I don't care too much for these features. I think its just because its a ipod with a phone that makes people feel that way. I mean a lot of people carry a phone and an ipod. They may have phones that are capable of playing music by popping in a SD card, but it still doesn't beat an ipod. Like myself. I bring my Curve and my ipod to work. I read the news (via viigo) on my Curve and listen to my music on my ipod.

I don't think the iphones media player (ipod) does anymore than the curve media player, but its just looks better doing it and that's what people get caught up in. But most of that has to do with the fact that the blackberry are not built to view and use media applications in the same way. I expect this to change over the next couple years.
    08-07-08 12:50 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD