Hi friends,
    I just downloaded the latest Blackberry desktop manager v4.7, i was previously using a Palm Centro and I've got there almost 3,000 contacts (wow! well, its a business phone so...)and its very hard loosing it, i was looking in that v4.7 program how to switch over my contact list to my BB,

Now the point;
    there is an option of switching data between 2 phones, in it does ask you if you have a palm or a windows phone, but i cant select none of the two!

so i called up my friend (I guess one of that 3,000 contacts!!) and he told me that he did it and it worked, but he knows that most people have the same problem and there is also another way to do it, now does someone here know how to make that option work?? (the option is there for a risen its probably suppose to work)
    Or just give me any other idea,

Thanks A Billion
    Best Regards,
    mayfal
    Last edited by mayfal; 04-14-09 at 01:14 PM.
    04-14-09 01:12 PM
    Try an older version of desktop manager and make sure the old phone is connected as you try.
    04-14-09 01:43 PM
    I would completely delete DM 4.7 from your PC. Go to Blackberry's website and download DM 4.6 instead.

If you don't get those options that you were looking for, then maybe you could try to sync the contacts with Outlook. That's if you have Outlook on your PC.

Sync the contacts from your Palm to Outlook, and then DM can sync your contacts from Outlook to your phone.
    04-14-09 01:46 PM
    thanks ill try
    04-14-09 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD