Any suggestions on transferring everything from my Storm to a Curve?
    (Tired of all the bugs in the Storm - fighting it since November waiting for RIM to fix the software. I'm done.)
    Can I just swap SIM cards?
    03-28-09 05:11 PM
    I dont have a Storm (much too stormy for me ), but I do have a Curve, on the Verizon network, and i can tell you that my Curve does NOT have a sim card.

However, to the best of my knowledge, you should be able to transfer all you stuff using Desktop Managers' "Device Switch Wizard".

I'm sure some guru's will add to or correct any of this information shortly.
    03-28-09 05:27 PM
    the 8330 curve doesn't have a sim card the sim card for the storm only works for global so if you want to switch from a storm to curve then just use desktop manager
    03-28-09 05:28 PM
    I dont have a Storm (much too stormy for me ), but I do have a Curve, on the Verizon network, and i can tell you that my Curve does NOT have a sim card.

However, to the best of my knowledge, you should be able to transfer all you stuff using Desktop Managers' "Device Switch Wizard".

I'm sure some guru's will add to or correct any of this information shortly.
    Nothing to switch or correct
    03-28-09 05:29 PM
    Sounds great.
    Thanks for the advice.
    03-28-09 05:34 PM
    So, I just got word that my Curve (8330) has been shipped.
    The seller also provided an ESN but I'm lost now.

My Storm - Verizon is already up and running (as ov 11/21 when VZW released it.)
    I have BB Desktop Manager 4.7 so will use it to transfer data.
    It's the activations/ ESN thing that interests me.
    03-30-09 04:11 PM
    Go to verizonwireless.com and create an account (free).

When your Curve arrives. Go to verizonwireless.com and sign in to your account, then click on the activate my phone link. It will ask you for the ESN number of your Curve, then guide you through the process to activate your Curve.

After your Curve is activated, use DM's device switch wizard to transfer your contacts and messages to your Curve.
    03-30-09 04:17 PM
    Couple of things Tim, since the seller gave you the ESN for your Curve, call Verizon Customer Service and ask them if the ESN can be activated on their network.

This is where you pray the ESN is "clean", that is it hasn't been reported lost/stolen, or is on a delinquent acct. If they say it can be activated, you are good to go when you get it.

Also, DM 4.7 is ok to use for backups and the device switch functions, but I wouldn't recommend using DM 4.7 for any OS upgrades or loading operations on the Curve.

DM 4.7 was made for the newer BBs like the Storm, Bold, and 8900. Some users have had problems using DM 4.7 with older BBs like the Curve and Pearl.

I'd recommend using DM 4.6 for use with the Curve.
    03-30-09 04:30 PM
    i made the change from the storm to the curve 8330...and boy am i happy i did it. but mad i didnt do it sooner
    03-30-09 06:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD