Is there a way to transfer all my 3rd arty themes etc from my old device to my new one. The new one will be the same model 8330. I would rather not have to go through and dl everything again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-09 06:03 PM
    Use the switch device wizard
    06-09-09 06:07 PM
    Awesome thanks. I was wondering if it would take care of everything or only the stuff that was originally loaded.

06-09-09 06:08 PM
    You can transfer all of your user data and settings via DM but I don't know if you'll be able to transfer third party apps and themes.

Try it and post back.

06-09-09 06:11 PM
    Switch Device Wizard allows you to transfer apps, data, etc as well as update applications between devices.
    06-09-09 06:12 PM
    So it will transfer third party apps?

What about the ones that were paid for?

Reason I ask is a friend of mine got a replacement BB and I ran the switch device wizard and it didn't transfer any third party apps not even the free ones.

So I ran a third party app backup and tried to load the backup on the new BB and it wouldn't let me.

I tried renaming the backup with the new PIN and it still wouldn't load.

Apparently I did something wrong

06-09-09 06:20 PM
    did you check the box to transfer the third party apps?
    06-09-09 06:22 PM
    did you check the box to transfer the third party apps?
    Yes sir, I did.
    06-09-09 06:26 PM
    I only have free a**lications. It isn't a necessity to have them transferred it would just save a few hours of work.

06-09-09 07:59 PM
    The switch device method should transfer everything. Afterall, the 3rd party backup method uses the switch device process (the first part anyway) to create the backup file/folder.

06-09-09 08:08 PM
    I'm about to have to go through this as well. Is the switch device wizard part of the DM?

06-09-09 09:50 PM
    I'm about to have to go through this as well. Is the switch device wizard part of the DM?

Yes it is.

06-09-09 09:55 PM
    Does the switch device wizard transfer BB Messenger contacts as well, or will I have to do those manually since I will have a new PIN with the new phone?
    06-10-09 09:11 AM
    Yes, it will. And the first time you open messenger on the new BB it should ask if you want to let your contacts know that you have a new PIN.

06-10-09 10:52 AM
    So...I used the switch device wizard and I got all my settings and messages transferred but no themes or 3rd party apps. I checked the box and watched as each app was backed up and supposedly transferred but no luck. At least all the keys on my replacement work.

06-11-09 07:57 AM
    I used the device transfer wizard and it transfered everything for me. I was really surprised to even see that my settings were transfered.

All my 3rd party apps, paid and free, were transfered as well. I just made sure that I checked the box for transfering 3rd party apps

06-11-09 08:15 AM
    Mine didn't do it. Maybe I missed something somewhere. Fortunately I had saved the emails with the download links to my paid apps and themes so I just dled them again. Oddly my theme settings were already loaded the way I had them on my other device.

06-11-09 04:00 PM
    I would suggest to do a back up before doing the device transfer procedure. At least there's a back up if encounter errors, etc.

06-11-09 04:59 PM
    I would suggest to do a back up before doing the device transfer procedure. At least there's a back up if encounter errors, etc.

Backup, and Third Party Backup.
    06-11-09 05:16 PM
    Ok, so I went through the device transfer wizard and all my apps/themes were transferred. But, I have two problems I can't figure out:

1) When I delete an e-mail, I don't get the option to "delete on handheld and mailbox" - I don't want to have to delet the e-mail on my BB and from my e-mail client.

2) I have 2 e-mails that seem stuck. I delete them but they still show up in my BB messages folder.

I have done a battery pull.

Any help/suggestions were be greatly appreciated.
    06-13-09 07:35 PM
    Ok, so I went through the device transfer wizard and all my apps/themes were transferred. But, I have two problems I can't figure out:

1) When I delete an e-mail, I don't get the option to "delete on handheld and mailbox" - I don't want to have to delet the e-mail on my BB and from my e-mail client.

2) I have 2 e-mails that seem stuck. I delete them but they still show up in my BB messages folder.

I have done a battery pull.

Any help/suggestions were be greatly appreciated.
    Solution to 1 above:

From Messages, Menu, Options, Email Reconciliation. Choose your email acct., set Delete On to Prompt. Repeat for all email accts. Save.
    06-13-09 07:39 PM
    Solution to 1 above:

From Messages, Menu, Options, Email Reconciliation. Choose your email acct., set Delete On to Prompt. Repeat for all email accts. Save.
    Thanks!

I actually had just found that out when finding the answer to my other question in one of the help forums.

Now I have a bigger problem. My calendar isn't synchronizing at all. in the configuration I have checked address book, calendar, tasks and memo pad. All synch except for the calendar, it doesn't even attempt it.

Any suggestions?
    06-13-09 07:56 PM
    make sure all calendars are showing: calendar> options, also make sure your default calendar is correct: options advanced> default services.
    06-13-09 08:01 PM
    what if you purchase themes can you move them to a new device as well as purchase apps? And what happens if you dont have DM?
    06-13-09 08:41 PM
    make sure all calendars are showing: calendar> options, also make sure your default calendar is correct: options advanced> default services.
    Thanks. It wasn't set as my default calendar.

06-13-09 08:47 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD