I was using a Storm for personal and now work issued a Curve 8330 with a different number. I want to get rid of my personal and transfer my address book to it. Is there a way to do this even though it is 2 different phone numbers? I never loaded the software for my storm on my computer and have just hand entered everything. With my Curve we have an enterprise server activation and it is reading right from my outlook at work.
    08-18-09 12:40 PM
    Load the Desktop Manager software, which can be downloaded from blackberry.com. Make a backup of the Storm, then do a Restore using the Advanced tab in Backup/Restore. Click on File in the upper left of the window and browse to where the .ipd backup file from the Storm is, highlight it then click Open. The databases that can be restored to the Curve will display in the left window. Highlight the Address Book database and click on the button in the middle with >> on it to tansfer the database.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:50 PM
    I am able to pull the file off the storm but it does not allow me to choose it and restore it to the curve. all I want is the address book. It shows it to me as grayed out in the computer database list and does not allow me to choose it.
    08-19-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD