My data port on my 3 month old 8330 died and Sprint gave me a new one today. The contacts were transferred at the store - but after I restored from my DM backup done one week ago - none of my other settings were restored. What did I do wrong or what have I missed? Sprint rep told me the backup restore would get my new 8330 back to being just like the old one - but it's not.

I want to get my email settings, apps, ring tones, wallpapers etc, back. I don't want to have to create everything over again when I have a good backup.

Can anyone help me?
    02-21-10 10:41 PM
    You should have an option to change the device in desktop manager.... but when you connect to desktop manager go to your back up and restore and it will restore the settings at the time of that back up
    02-21-10 10:49 PM
    How do I find the back up file?
    02-21-10 10:58 PM
    desktop manager should take you there, but my back ups are in documents on my pc... probably the default folder..
    02-21-10 11:00 PM
    Looks like I'm back in business!!! I found the back up file, not where DM was initially pointing in My Documents, but in a another folder called Blackberry. Not sure how that folder came to be, but none the less - my 8330 is back like the old broken one!

Thanks for your help - finding the file was the hardest part of the restore - made me really nervous for a bit - but all is good now!!!
    02-21-10 11:22 PM
    Glad to hear back that you got it working...
    02-22-10 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD