The trackball on my boyfriends bb won't scroll down. I'm pretty sure it just needs cleaned out, but if we take it out to clean it will it void warranty?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-11-09 03:28 PM
    It won't void your warranty if they don't know you did it and unless you tell on yourself, they won't know.
    05-11-09 03:30 PM
    Are there instructions as to how to do this?
    05-11-09 03:45 PM
    Yes take it out and clean it. Noit doesnt void warranty. Heres how http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    05-11-09 04:53 PM
    Thanks everyone. Hopefully this works.

05-11-09 05:06 PM
    I had this same problem 2 days ago. Here's the instructions...pop off the chrome ring with a small knife and remove the track ball, blow it out, reinstall and pop the ring back on. Its literally that easy, I had never done it before or read any tutorial and it took me about 3 minutes to figure it out and execute the fix.

05-11-09 05:10 PM
    You can also try this. Get a pad of paper. Lock the keys on your phone, put it trackball down on the paper, roll it back and forth. The paper cleans the ball. It seems to work here.
    05-11-09 05:12 PM
    Removing the trackball doesn't void your warranty, opening the casing carelessly would do that.

If cleaning doesn't work (I just wore my first one out) and you got the Total Equipment Protection plan, you can take it in and have it replaced. A new TB is so bright and shiny. They even replaced my trim ring.
    05-11-09 05:24 PM
    i tried to fix my track ball turns out i tried to do it a little to fast and ended up breaking 1 of the tiny lil arms that holds the chrome trim down. luckily i was able to act pissed off enough at the verizon customer service counter to make them think it just popped off by itself they reinstalled it but the problem still remains and im way to worried bout it breakin again to try it myself. VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE PEOPLE SUCK BY THE WAY.
    05-11-09 06:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD