Hi. Once again, I need your help. This site is fantastic and I've had the best help I could get anywhere - and the fastest too! I have a bb8330 curve. My trackball won't move up or down. I don't know what to do. it is stuck in the top row of my icons and won't move up or down even when pressed. Anyone out there that can help? Thanks so much
    04-04-09 05:48 AM
    You can remove it to see if it is physically broken or just filthy and in need of a cleaning. The spoon (see pics) could be broken, bent, missing etc or something else could be out of whack. If it looks intact like the pictures in this link, give it a good cleaning - let it dry and pop it back in.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/

This link also has decent instructions

How To: Remove And Clean A BlackBerry Trackball Without Destroying/Dismantling Your BlackBerry | NationLink Wireless
    04-04-09 06:00 AM
    Thank you so very much! It worked like a charm! Have a wonderful day!
    04-04-09 06:23 AM
    wish I would have seen this before I spent 45 minutes at the store, lol but the CS girl did tell me how to do this myself.. very nice write up
    04-04-09 11:19 PM
    wish I would have seen this before I spent 45 minutes at the store, lol but the CS girl did tell me how to do this myself.. very nice write up
    When in doubt, whip it out...crackberry that is! Seriously always check here first.
    04-04-09 11:25 PM
    Okay I have this same problem. My blackberry curve trackball won't move up. Ive tried the rubbing alcohol ive tried resetting it twice and it just wont work. ive even tried cleaning it with an old tooth brush. What do I do?
    08-02-10 01:11 AM
    Okay I have this same problem. My blackberry curve trackball won't move up. Ive tried the rubbing alcohol ive tried resetting it twice and it just wont work. ive even tried cleaning it with an old tooth brush. What do I do?
    I took my BB to the Verizon store and asked them to clean the trackball and they just replaced it with a new one. They said they had a ton of them on hand.
    08-02-10 09:01 AM
    One quick and easy solution I've used dozens of times... Find several sheets of clean paper, a desk blotter or notepad will work. You need several sheets to provide the "cushion" for this to work. Place your BB face down on the paper and with just a little pressure begin to roll it in a circular motion. You can hear which direction rolls properly. As you continue you'll begin to hear it roll in all directions. The paper is like a dry sponge for the oils and parts of yesterday's sandwich that get stuck in there.
    08-02-10 09:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD