My trackball won't scroll down? It moves side to side but will not move up or down, I have tried a battery pull but nothing helps I didn't drop it at all can someone help?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 08:13 AM
    I had 2 track ball issues.

1. Solution was to return to Best Buy where I purchased phone and replace. (This was within 14 days of purchase)

2. Second time I had to go to Sprint Store and under my Device Insurance, Sprint Tech fixed/replaced trackball on the spot.

May be hardware, NOT software issue....
    03-12-10 09:45 AM
    It is for sure not software. A battery pull will not help. Just try to force it, sometime that will un stick it. If that does not work, then get a replacement trackball. Very easy to put in. Most places will do it on the spot in under a minute for free. If they wont just purchase another trackball for a couple bucks and pop it in yourself
    03-12-10 09:55 AM
    If you have insurance a Sprint repair center will fix for free. If you don't have insurance you can still bring it in and it wouldn't cost that much to fix. I had a screen replacement on my Nextel and it was only $50. I can't see a track ball being more than $10-20 installed.

Sorry, just noticed you have Bell. I don't know their repair centers, give them a call.
    03-12-10 10:02 AM
    Trackball is pretty easy to clean, I was a little nervous to do it the first time buy I do it every few weeks now. Search online for it.
    If cleaning doesn't work, get a new one off ebay, 5 bucks. Better than spending 20 to have someone else do such an easy task.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-12-10 03:47 PM
    An easy fix, many times, is to find something like a paper desk calendar that's clean. Turn your BB face down and with a little bit of pressure slowly roll it in all directions. You'll hear it roll at first in the directions it's working but not the others. As it "cleans" up you'll hear it begin to roll in all directions. I've used this trick many many times when the trackball was stuck like you describe.
    03-12-10 03:56 PM
    omg trackball post again theres a billion! buy a new one their 3$ on ebay man.
    03-12-10 04:06 PM
    May I recommend simply getting a dry cloth (or just your shirt) and rubbing the trackball. This has worked for me in the past as it clears some of the dirt and grease off the trackball that may be the cause of the problem.
    03-12-10 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD