I've used my Blackberry like crazy today, and just ten minutes ago the trackball decided that scrolling up is overrated, so it doesn't want to do it anymore. Do I need to work out how to take out the trackball, or is it a more serious problem? It still scrolls down fine! Thanks in advance for the help, i'm a little lost when it comes to technology...
    09-29-08 02:36 AM
    I would try a battery pull first. See if that corrects the problem. If that doesn't help I would pull my trackball out and clean it. Which is pretty simple to do. Might have gotten something under the trackball. If your search the how to forums you'll find the thread. Other than that the experts should be able to help better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 02:52 AM
    Thanks, I just used some force and it came good. will take it out and clean it later!
    09-29-08 03:01 AM
    A battery pull would have been enough, if it scrolled down fine then it wasn't the trackball since these 360 rollers act just like the old mice back in the day, one sensory device for x-axis movement and one for y-axis movement. If the sensor was dirty it would fail causing both up and down movement to cease, no such thing as a half open circuit

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-08 04:48 AM
    Most likely you have some crud in the mechanism. From what you describe, it sounds lik eit.

Have a look at this link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    09-29-08 05:21 AM
    Most likely you have some crud in the mechanism. From what you describe, it sounds lik eit.

Have a look at this link http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/
    YEA PROBABLY, it happened to me with my last 2 phones lol.. i didnt know about CB until recently or else i would prolly still have my original phone.. no matter tho, warranty is there for a reason haha
    09-29-08 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD