So...my phone sorta fell into the sink today while I was brushing my teeth. And for awhile, things went a little weird, the keys weren't working, etc...but mostly the phone seems to have dried out now and is working fine. The trackball is the only part that is messed up.

Although it will make a selection if I push down more forcefully, it doesn't "click" and select easily like it did before. Is this something that can be fixed or...?
    03-28-10 10:55 PM
    My first/old BB 8310 did that right out of the box so I had no idea the trackballs were supposed to click. It's not a big deal...I actually preferred the non-click.
    03-28-10 11:00 PM
    Well, it bugs me, because A) mine clicked before and now it isn't, and this to me seems to indicate a problem, and B) like I said, I have to press down more forcefully now on the trackball and I don't want to cause further damage to the phone.
    03-28-10 11:04 PM
    This thread has a link that shows you how to clean the switch (link by bigbadwulf):

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/tra...le-now-300038/

You can also use the Enter key instead of the trackball click for most things, but not all.
    03-28-10 11:35 PM
    I had this happen on my 8130 after water damage.... It eventually came back.

Under the trackball there is a pressure plate that does the *clicking*. That is what is damaged.

If you remove the track ball and press the pad with a screwdrive *do at own risk* you will see that it will still click in different areas, just not in the center where you need it.

Just get used to using the enter key and hope it comes back.

If its the same issues I had with water getting under, it is not trackball related and replacing it will not help.

Sorry about your dilema

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-10 08:47 AM
    you can buy a new trackball switch on ebay for $5-

So...my phone sorta fell into the sink today while I was brushing my teeth. And for awhile, things went a little weird, the keys weren't working, etc...but mostly the phone seems to have dried out now and is working fine. The trackball is the only part that is messed up.

Although it will make a selection if I push down more forcefully, it doesn't "click" and select easily like it did before. Is this something that can be fixed or...?
    03-29-10 09:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD