Has anybody having troubles or had troubles with the trackball sticking it happend to me twice, where i could only scroll down,. and when i would try to scroll up it wouldnt go and it felt like it was stuck or something was not letting it move?? Thanks!
    01-18-09 02:13 PM
    you need to clean it or replace it.
    01-18-09 02:15 PM
    Remove yor battery while the device is ON, wait a minute and replace...
    01-18-09 02:16 PM
    okay thank you
    01-18-09 02:24 PM
    A battery pull won't do anything, The TrackBall is a Mechanical Device. You need to clean it or get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 02:29 PM
    A battery pull won't do anything, The TrackBall is a Mechanical Device. You need to clean it or get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Oh yes it does work, i have tested this many times here. It has also happen to me when i am using multiple apps on my device. That is why you will hear alot of complaints about " I can scroll down, but not up" a battery pull frees this up for me whenever this happens...
    01-18-09 02:40 PM
    just clean it out, pop off the ring around the ball turn BB upside down and the housing unit for the ball with come out, the best way to clean it i think is using an ey glass cleansing wipe with pre laced alchohol
    01-18-09 03:40 PM
    This DOESN'T work.... I tried it even thought I knew it wouldn't work. Pulling the battery has no effect on the trackball because of the way the trackball works.... As stated by another poster, it is a mechanical device. The ball rolls within its housing which is sensed and translated to direction and speed. There must be dust or some small debris that gets inside, or behind the ball, in the housing thus preventing it from rolling smoothly or at all....

CD

Oh yes it does work, i have tested this many times here. It has also happen to me when i am using multiple apps on my device. That is why you will hear alot of complaints about " I can scroll down, but not up" a battery pull frees this up for me whenever this happens...
    01-20-09 06:00 PM
    It's very easy to replace the entire trackball assembly. I just did it with my Pearl...works great!
    01-20-09 07:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD