I've looked around and haven't seen this specific problem. My T-mobile 8320's trackball has learned the new trick of only working when the phone is in bright light!

The symptoms:

• If the keyboard light is on, the trackball doesn't work.
    • If the keyboard light is off, the trackball works normally.
    • The trackball light never goes off, but stays at least dim even when the screen is blanked and the keyboard light is off. In fact, it is on even when the phone is in the holster!

The phone has never been abused, nor experienced water or anything.

I've done the battery pull to no avail, and played with the keyboard/trackball settings and the backlight settings with the same results.

T-Mobile says to try a master reset. I'll do that after I figure out what data is on my phone that will need replacing.
    Last edited by BigBaaadBob; 06-17-10 at 07:35 AM.
    06-16-10 10:56 PM
    Has the phone been exposed to moisture at all? Have you tried cleaning the trackball? Or buying a new one (they're really cheap now)?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-16-10 11:20 PM
    Has the phone been exposed to moisture at all? Have you tried cleaning the trackball? Or buying a new one (they're really cheap now)?
    Never exposed to moisture, and I took the ball assembly out and it is very clean and the magnets rotate just fine. And, anyway, I've never heard of light-sensitive dirt!
    06-17-10 07:34 AM
    Master reset didn't fix it! Chatting online with T-Mobile support. I'll edit if anything interesting happens.

EDIT: they say bad hardware. Maybe the trackball. I'll try that first.
    Last edited by BigBaaadBob; 06-17-10 at 10:47 PM.
    06-17-10 08:52 PM
    LIGHT SENSITIVITY
    crap
    our phones are going through thier teenage years :P

Rebellion to the norm.
    06-17-10 09:41 PM
    you got serious hardware problem i guess
    07-10-10 01:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD