Hi all,

I have a question as to how many of you have a loose trackball, on my curve you can press it in partially before it will click and when you do that it will rattle. Is this normal for BB's?
    07-05-08 12:58 AM
    i think it is. i have a pearl, and my trackball rattles too. i think it's just how they're made
    07-05-08 01:30 AM
    It appears the trackball sudo floats on a spring type mechanism so it is not in direct contact with the button. I'm not sure what you mean by rattles, but it kind of sounds like a muffled corduroy when rolling it around. But I don't even notice it unless it's really quiet.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-08 03:47 AM
    I have seen three curves behave that way out of new box. I believe it is normal.

07-05-08 04:49 AM
    I hate when my balls are loose. LOL My pearl is the same way, now my curve and 8820 are not they are very tight. I think it depends on wear and tear. Most mechanical parts wear out.
    07-05-08 04:53 AM
    If you need a new one at good price check on ebay.
    07-05-08 05:22 AM
    Okay thank you guys, I just got the phone so I don't think it should be doing it right away sbhould it?
    07-05-08 10:01 AM
    cnn.cn for new trackballs
    07-05-08 10:08 AM
    My ball works just fine. I've had my pearl for about a month. Personly, I would bring it back if its still under warrenty or you have insurance on it.
    07-05-08 10:27 AM
    LOOSE BALLz?

From personal experience - if you get them in too warm an area they expand to cool themselves............chill them and they will shrink........

Seriously, you may want you take the ring off, pop the ball out and reinstall it....it may not be seated properly.........do not force it in........this would also be a splendid time to color your balls ().......you can see the LED with the ball out.........just paint it with a washable marker and you have colored your BALLz....
    07-05-08 10:41 AM
    How does one go about removing the ball?

Thank you!
    07-05-08 04:09 PM
    there are tutorials on here for that somewhere
    07-05-08 04:14 PM
    How does one go about removing the ball?

Thank you!

remove the chrome bezel......pry up gently.......I used the end of a finger nail file (g/f was PISSED) and it came right up.......the trackball will then come right out........careful on the alignment putting it back in.......do NOT force it......you will also see the LED that lights it.......with a marker you can color your ball while it is out.........lemme know if you need more help......I would be glad to walk you through it.....
    07-05-08 04:28 PM
    i colored a piece of toilet paper and put it over the light, for easier removal, if needed
    07-05-08 04:30 PM
    use the Enter key rather than the track ball as often as I can.
    I did for a while, but gave up - figured if it's going to wear out, it's going to wear out. Meh - whatcha gonna do?

But I do worry about wearing out my mute key, using it to put it on standby many, many times a day. I'm just not a holster/sleep magnet kinda guy. Maybe it's time for autostandby for me.
    08-04-08 06:48 PM
    I just popped mine out after reading this thread. Removed the trackball while it was still enveloped in the seat and cleaned all 4 wheels on the trackball assembly, then all 4 wheels inside the trackball receiver slot. Popped the whole thing back together and then a sudden urge came over me to grab a red sharpie and "dot" the trackball until the whole thing was red. Had to do both my daughters trackballs after they saw.

08-04-08 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD