my 8330s trackball sorta quit workin today.. it will only go up .. i did soft reset battery pull and wipe.. nothing alltel is sendin replacement but the phone is sorta useless.. any ideas why this happened? and any ideas to remedy? thanks
    06-30-08 06:38 PM
    No ideas from me, but I had the same issue and ended up buying a new one... I did get a red one out of the deal.
    06-30-08 06:46 PM
    I had the same thing happen, I used canned air and sprayed in right into the trackball. My phone completely froze up for about 15 seconds and then the trackball worked like a charm, no more problems. Little pieces of stuff get caught under and you have to dislodge it.
    06-30-08 09:55 PM
    Use some compressed air! That will do the trick for you. Just do as hoottrix said and spray it right into the trackball. Not too much though you dont want to freeze your BB!

You can get compressed air at most hardware/pc stores or Staples or Office Max. The same thing you use to blow dust out of keyboards and such. Happy crackin!
    06-30-08 11:20 PM
    u guys all helped a ton!
    07-08-08 06:37 PM
    This happened to me yesterday. I played around a bit clicking and moving the trackball and luckily it fixed its self.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-08 06:45 PM
    07-08-08 08:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD