I've had my 8310 for nearly 2 months now, yesterday and work I realized that my trackball was no longer clicking. I press it, nothing happens. I can live without it until I get a replacement but I was just wondering if its an issue with the firmware? Or if its because its completely broken.

Tried looking for other posts about it, so don't jump my bones if there are some.

Thanks for reading and please reply!

- D
    09-21-08 12:19 PM
    does it feel like it clicks? what os are you running?
    try a battery pull
    09-21-08 12:33 PM
    It is hard to say what has happened without seeing and touching your phone. The only thing that I will say is that mine did the same thing and it was hardware and had to go off for repair.

It felt fine when I clicked it but it did nothing.
    09-21-08 12:34 PM
    wow - mine started acting up yesterday - it will go down but not up??
    09-21-08 02:09 PM
    Could be the ball -- best case scenario. Could be the membrane under the ball -- worst case scenario. If it's the trackball, they're easy to replace and only take a couple days to get to you. But you've only had your device a couple months, I'd call your provider and do a warranty exchance. It should last longer than a couple months of normal use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-08 02:31 PM
    It is hard to say what has happened without seeing and touching your phone. The only thing that I will say is that mine did the same thing and it was hardware and had to go off for repair.

It felt fine when I clicked it but it did nothing.

Exactly what mine is doing. I will probably just call Rogers and see what my insurance plan can do.

Thanks again,

D
    09-21-08 10:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD