Ok Im sure there are topics on this but I went thru multiple pages and couldnt find anything so Im hoping somebody doesnt mind repeating themself and helping me out...

My trackball gets stuck going down sometimes and then it will free up, well tonight it get stuck and when it started going down again nothing on the screen was happening. In other words the ball was working roller wise but wasnt moving on the screen. Hopefully I described that good enough!

Thank you in advance.

Oh yea I have removed the ball from the phone and tried different things and it still doesnt work, I did not remove the ball completely cuz im not sure what I need to remove the silver piece around the ball (not the outer ring).
    01-05-10 08:41 PM
    it sounds like the copper contact at the bottom of the trackball opening has played out. The ring is held in place by "feet" that extend straight down at a 90 deg angle from the ring. Get two small flathead screwdrivers or nail files and pry between either side between the ring and the opening-very carefully, and make the ring come straight up clearing the housing. The trackball assembly and that copper contact can be found on ebay or cnn.cn. Good luck. Take the ring out, possibly there is trash beneath the actual trackball assy keeping it form clicking.
    01-05-10 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD