Trackball easily moves up and down side to side but i have to hold the trackball down to be able to select? is it something im able to fix myself?? any suggestions?
    12-15-08 09:28 PM
    You can try a new trackball. They're 12 bucks delivered from most places. I have purchased them from BlackBerrytrackballs dot com. Their also available from bbenriched, or Amazon, and I'm sure some others will have other suggestions. They are easy to replace.

Now if your device is new, less than 30 days, you can take it back to your provider for a new one, or more than 30 but less than a year, you can do a warranty exchange. Just call your provider to arrange the exchange. I bring this up because your trackball is acting as if it is a problem with the tactile surface under it. That problem may be something a new ball won't fix.

Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 09:43 PM
    Let me know if this works will ya? Do a battery pull, remove battery while the device is ON, wait a minute ans re-insert...
    12-15-08 09:46 PM
    Yea, your issue is a little different than what I had. My trackball stopped moving in the down direction. I purchased one like exelant suggested above and it fixed my issue. You may want to purchase a new trackball, then when it arrives, go ahead and take the one that's in there out to see if you can fix it, if not just replace it. Instructions are all over the place on how to change the trackball.. On this site, youtube.. etc.. and if you get your current one fixed, it never hurts to have a spare on hand. Mine lasted 60 days. Good Luck
    12-15-08 09:50 PM
    The Enter key works just like pressing in the trackball. Or you can get it replaced/replace it yourself.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-08 09:51 PM
    kool imma jus replace the entire house i found a store on ebay with an entire store of house replacements...am i allowed to post links?? jus want to add the link i kno there rules about postin links or something
    12-15-08 09:59 PM
    no luck still got the issue when i switched it from my other curve which the trackball works fine
    12-15-08 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD