For some reason (probably b/c @ sprint store most display phones trackballs were not functioning properly) I prefer to use the enter key as opposed to the trackball "push". I'm scared the trackball will stop working properly and then I'll have to take it in for servicing.

Question: Have other more long-timer users run into trouble with trackball? Is this question too trivial? Am I being too anal?
    08-19-08 08:44 PM
    I wouldn't worry about the trackball that much, you can buy a replacement for $3-$5 at most part replacement sites. As for the durability, none of my friends have broken theirs yet, some of them have had theirs for close to a year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-08 08:50 PM
    I use mine quite often, have not had any problem.
    08-19-08 08:52 PM
    Mine is getting pretty gross, but I'll just replace it if it comes down to it.
    08-19-08 08:53 PM
    I use shortcuts on my keyboard for everything. I don't use the trackball as much as I use the Enter button.

08-19-08 08:59 PM
    well i just got a new Curve from TMO cause my memory card reader stopped working. and i had it a week and the trackball just stopped working. so they're sending me a new phone, again. sux
    08-19-08 09:35 PM
    I never use the enter button just the track ball. I have never had a problem had mine about 8 months.

08-19-08 09:47 PM
    I try to use my trackball as little as i can just because I am a freak and want to keep my berry as nice as I can. Although I have friends that smash the ball all the time and still working like a champ. Still watching them do it makes me cringe a bit.
    08-19-08 09:52 PM
    i use the enter button a lot as well. for the same reason though, i'm just scared it'll break. i'm trying to break my habit though, berries are made pretty stout for the most part. if it breaks, i'll just order a new one. but i do the same thing! lol
    08-19-08 11:08 PM
    i unfortunatly have had my phone for only about 3 months and it scrolls fine but wont click so i have gone to using the enter key. u learn how much you take the ball for granted when u have to relearn to integrate the enter in to your keyboard movements. any suggestions on what i could do would be much appreciated
    08-20-08 12:36 AM
    Mine seems to be sinking inwards after 4 months of txting on it, but thats using it a lot! but ill probably just be getting a new phone in Dec so dosent really matter!
    08-20-08 12:39 AM
    I use the enter key as much as possible but I still use the trackball about 4/10 times. However, the trackball being one of the main functional components, I'm sure its built to last.

Ok...now I'm going to press my enter key to submit this post

08-20-08 12:42 AM
    When browsing to scroll down you can hit the space bar thought it might help

Anyone knows when scrolling around, how can I move all the way to the top of a page w a shortcut?

08-20-08 02:43 AM
    Well it might stop working then it might not. Mine has been messing up an has been known to not move at all for 15 mins. Hope for the best!
    08-20-08 02:45 AM
    I use the enter key most of the time. I've seen some Blackberrys with pretty skanky track balls. I frequently clean my Berry and roll the track ball with a cloth that has a bit of cleaner on it. So far it has kept it pristine. I'm a bit obsessive about it though. I also dust the cracks and such with canned air often. Keeps my Berry looking like new!

08-20-08 02:52 AM
    To get to the top of a page just press T. : )

08-20-08 02:53 AM
    When browsing to scroll down you can hit the space bar thought it might help

Anyone knows when scrolling around, how can I move all the way to the top of a page w a shortcut?

Press "T" for top and "B" for bottom

Also if you want to search for any unread messages in your inbox just press "U"
    08-20-08 07:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD