So I was just hanging out at my house, sending some texts, nothing strange, and all the sudded I picked up my phone after a couple minutes, and clicked the trackball and it typed a "u" and my escape/back/whatever key was now typing an "h" on the main screen they don't do anything, I can click and click and nothing happens. As I said, nothing strange was going on...I didn't drop it, didn't get any liquid in it. So i'm really at a loss as to what happened...and also pissed off at bb. This is my 2nd curve

Any ideas?
    09-19-08 08:50 PM
    pull the battery to see if that helps
    09-19-08 08:57 PM
    Same thing here... I started to think it was moisture, but happened today... No moisture, no nothing... Just all of a sudden...

Check my post titled: "Typing Uo" for a full run down of what I've done to try to fix it...
    09-19-08 09:05 PM
    yea oakie, lol thanks. Don'tcha think i tried that first? hehe

yea I'll read up on yours rising sun. I'm on phone with tmobile right now. genius doesn't listen to me and has no idea how to fix, obviously.
    09-19-08 10:19 PM
    what IS customer service these days? They want ME to pay to ship a 2nd replacement phone. This would be my 3rd curve since feb. Doesn't seem right that I have to keep paying to get a phone that's gonna break.
    09-19-08 10:38 PM
    insurance? I know with sprint since I work for them, we will repair or replace it for free with insurance.....
    09-19-08 11:32 PM
    T-mo is sending me a replacement... Yeah, they are charging me to ship it out... This is my first replacement, so I'm ok with it... I'd be a little bothered if I had to pay multiple times to just get a working one... Keeping my fingers crossed...
    09-20-08 01:21 AM
    The trackball uses two different technologies to make thing happen when you use it.

Left/right and up/down [x,y axis] movement is down the same way as an old ball mouse bt the ball in fristional contact with a small rod. This is encoded into the phone and translated into trackball cursor movement. If the trackball makes poor contact, slips or jums due to foreign matter or oils then it needs cleaning http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...rackball-3243/. Thi is not your problem

Downward click (action this!) is done by the trackball pressing don on a membrane just like the ones under the plastics keyboard buttons.

Yours has gotten flattened and no matter how hard or gently you click it, it will not respond. The only fix s to replace the membrane switch. You cannot do this yourself unles you are able to do surface mount soldering and hve the exact part to hand.

How do I know all this? Guess what? Mine went and I had to send it to BlackBerry Repair Shop - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices for repair. These guys did a good job with a 24 hour turn round.
    09-20-08 04:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD