my trackball is not working when i press it (as enter or to open a menu or whatever). i cleaned it up and nothing, it doesnt work? what do you think? i have 7 months with my red curve 8320 and i am an addict so i use it very much! so, maybe is it worn out? and im efed and i need to get a new one???? or should i send it to get fixed?

be honessst! please

and thanks
    02-20-09 07:48 AM
    i would say order one from ebay..maybe someone that lives around in your area so you can get it faster? sorry im no help good luck. also i would recomend to order atleast 2 maybe 3 incase this ever happens again you have some back ups.

02-20-09 08:10 AM
    The trackball is very cheap and easy to replace yourself.
    Try here. Get their plastic case opening tool as well.

cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8320-c-200_398.html
    02-20-09 08:20 AM
    And until you can replace it, scroll to where you want and use the enter (down to left) arrow on right side of keyboard.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-09 08:30 AM
    The trackball is very cheap and easy to replace yourself.
    Try here. Get their plastic case opening tool as well.

cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8320-c-200_398.html
    cnn.cn takes forever to ship.
    also you don't need to order any tools.
    use a flat head screwdriver or use your finger nails.
    02-20-09 08:30 AM
    I'm pretty sure its not the trackball itself! My friend had this problem and what it turned out to be was the little copper dome under the trackball had no longer been a dome! It was just a flat piece of copper. Which makes it impossible for you to select anything. So I wouild suggest, since you're still under the 1 year warranty, having it axchanged for a new one. A new trackball will do you no good!

02-20-09 08:34 AM
    If you've only had for about 7 months I would go through warranty and get it replaced because if something happens than more than likely they won't replace it if they find out you tried replacing it yourself. I work for Verizon and have seen this happen once or twice before and the customer always seems to lose when they do repairs them selves.
    Just my humble opinion.

02-20-09 08:36 AM
    I'm pretty sure its not the trackball itself! My friend had this problem and what it turned out to be was the little copper dome under the trackball had no longer been a dome! It was just a flat piece of copper. Which makes it impossible for you to select anything. So I wouild suggest, since you're still under the 1 year warranty, having it axchanged for a new one. A new trackball will do you no good!

ditto the above, i had the same fault on my pearl and got it replaced...

before i saw the light and got a curve obv!!
    02-20-09 11:30 AM
    I also agree on getting your BB replaced under warranty. There is a microswitch under the trackball that gets pressed in when you click/press it, if this is defective, changing the trackball will not help.

Sometimes cleaning under the trackball assembly helps, esp if there is a lot of dust/lint built-up under the assembly, esp if you put the phone in your pocket.

Putting the phone in a tight fitting pocket, like jeans, is bad for the trackball assembly and microswitch because of the constant pressure on the trackball as well.

02-20-09 01:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD