i hvae an blackberry 8320 curve (tmobile) ive been going through all of the threads containing track ball. without physically removing the ball and coloring it with tape or whatever, is there a program i can download instead?
    02-25-09 07:08 PM
    A program to color the ball? No, it would have to be dyed or the tape or whatever else folks have tried - successfully and unsuccessfully.....
    02-25-09 07:20 PM
    Only the 8100 Pearl has the ability to change trackball color via an application...
    02-25-09 07:22 PM
    Your going to have to do some type of modding.
    02-25-09 07:23 PM
    i ordered a colored trackball from ebay.com if your interested. try that. its not hard to put it in.
    02-25-09 07:56 PM
    i ordered a colored trackball from ebay.com if your interested. try that. its not hard to put it in.
    She is correct. I used a toothpick to pop my ring off, I chose this because the toothpick would break before the ring and it would not scratch my device (OCD) lol and I was replaced in seconds. It is super simple if you decide to go that route here is a link with info on how to open/replace/install correctly

How To: Remove And Clean A BlackBerry Trackball Without Destroying/Dismantling Your BlackBerry | NationLink Wireless

Pictures here are helpful with assembly/disassembly
    02-25-09 08:06 PM
    Trem is spot on, the trackball is very easy to remove and replace, it's the way to go...
    02-25-09 08:11 PM
    As someone else said, only the Pearl 8100 has the colored LED lights underneath the TrackBall that allow for the color change. Quite literally, the Curve is incapable of it.
    02-25-09 08:13 PM
    thats fine all i want is maybe a few colors and ill order the, THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE! this crackberry thing is addicting! haha
    02-25-09 09:41 PM
    Welcome to the addiction. Check out this link for nwebs....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...lecture+series
    02-25-09 09:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD