My trackball doesn't light up at all anymore, and it's quite annoying. My brother who is a rep at telus said that they would most likely just give me a brand new blackberry all together, until he looked behind the trackball.

The water damage sticker behind the trackball is red. So warranty is completely void. But the thing is, i have NEVER gotten water on my bb, EVER. I have babied this thing and treated it like a child. I don't understand. These stickers turn red even if the phone is in contact with any moisture at all. Phone companies way of ripping people off..

Is there ANY way around this?! So frustrating!
    12-19-09 04:14 PM
    My trackball doesn't light up at all anymore, and it's quite annoying. My brother who is a rep at telus said that they would most likely just give me a brand new blackberry all together, until he looked behind the trackball.

The water damage sticker behind the trackball is red. So warranty is completely void. But the thing is, i have NEVER gotten water on my bb, EVER. I have babied this thing and treated it like a child. I don't understand. These stickers turn red even if the phone is in contact with any moisture at all. Phone companies way of ripping people off..

Is there ANY way around this?! So frustrating!
    I hope I dont run into this problem, as I have many apps and settings and no way to backup as I am on a Mac (only sync).
    12-19-09 04:26 PM
    I hope I dont run into this problem, as I have many apps and settings and no way to backup as I am on a Mac (only sync).
    I can make backups for my 8310, and I use a Mac. Do you not have Desktop Manager for Mac?

BlackBerry - Desktop Software for Mac

I messed up my Curve the other day and had to restore from an old backup I made a week ago. Worked like a charm.
    12-19-09 04:50 PM
    I have DM for Mac and it is very bad and unclear.. I would definitly not recommend it!
    12-19-09 04:58 PM
    can you replace the trackball? i had a pearl whose trackball was completely scrwed and i went to a cellphone store and they replaced it in like half an hour for $20...someone told me me you can order a trackball from the internet for cheaper but i havent tried that. i hope you get yours fixed, good luck!
    12-19-09 09:00 PM
    You can get them from crackberry's store for $10. Takes 20 seconds to replace.
    12-19-09 09:03 PM
    ahhh i shouldve done that instead!
    12-19-09 09:04 PM
    You can get them on eBay for like $3. I got mine, and it works great. I did a new trackball housing and keypad. Total was like $22, and it looks like I have a brand new berry. I highly reccomend it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-09 10:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD