BB 8330 here.

I got caught in the rain last night and while I tried to keep my BB as dry as possible, my thumbs were wet when I used the device. The keyboard still works, the trackball has an issue: I can still scroll around but when I "click" the trackball to select, the "click" isn't read by the device (in other words, the trackball still clicks just like before, no physical changes, but the click will not be picked up by the software). I tried a restart, did not work. The "click" will work only after I click it multiple times or press very hard on the trackball. I am using the Return key on the keyboard as a substitute, but still must use the trackball click for drop down menus.

Any ideas?
    06-15-08 01:04 PM
    Alright so this is what i did when i had that problem and it worked like a charm. I removed the plastic silver cover to get to the trackball, then took out the trackball and stuck it in a shot glass with rubbing alcohol and swished it around for like a minute, let it dry next to a fan then put it back together and it works like a charm!

Never, ever, ever put it in your pocket! I learned that lesson the hard way
    06-24-08 11:01 PM
    Put in a bowl with some rice over night is the tip I hear over n over again on the forum and people seem to have good results with it. It might absorb any water trapped under the ball.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-24-08 11:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD