My track ball won't go left. Tried to clean it without removing it. Also, rebooted a number of times. Is it worth removing it and cleaning myself or should I take it to Verizon? One point-my technical skills are quite poor. If I crack the housing, am I in trouble.
    08-10-09 02:12 PM
    My track ball won't go left. Tried to clean it without removing it. Also, rebooted a number of times. Is it worth removing it and cleaning myself or should I take it to Verizon? One point-my technical skills are quite poor. If I crack the housing, am I in trouble.
    Sounds like it has the Zoolander syndrome! You may want to order a new trackball and swap it out. Check out Cnn.cn or you can check ebay. You can watch the disassembly videos there or search for some how to videos here and there are some on youtube.

You may also want to take the time and read the BB101 Lecture Series for all things BB. It is a wealth of information and help make you more knowledgeable.

Happy Learning!
    08-10-09 02:19 PM
    Well its really easy to pop out and clean...takes about 3 min. But if you're uncomfortable doing that go to the mall. Here we have wirelessworld but I'm sure you have something similar. They will install a new trackball(they have several colors) for about $10.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-10-09 02:23 PM
    probably just a little grit in there, alot of times you can just keep messing with it and it will clear its self. Can try blowing down into it and keep trying to work it around. It's aggravating but pretty common.
    It is easy to pop out, the silver ring around it just snaps in and that holds the ball assembly in place. I used a pocket knife to gently pry the ring up at several places around its edge.
    08-10-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD