It's been nothing but a pain. First none of my 3 batteries they've sent will last longer than a day and now EVERYTHING has been deleted off my calendar.
    09-11-08 08:04 PM
    wow well. did you want help or just to vent?
    we can help you. but if you wanna trash bb's your kinda in the wrong neck of the woods...try the iphone forum
    09-11-08 08:06 PM
    I would return to ATT and get a new one. As you can read in these forums, for most users the experience is that the BBs are very stable devices. I would return it ASAP.
    09-11-08 08:07 PM
    It's been nothing but a pain. First none of my 3 batteries they've sent will last longer than a day and now EVERYTHING has been deleted off my calendar.
    Sorry to hear you are having so many problems. If you find a battery that lasts for you (may try getting a replacement device all together) and you start running in to some questions, thoughts, etc., just post it up; this is a great community with a lot of cool people and answers
    09-11-08 08:08 PM
    Any kind of help would be great. I called them and they're sending out another one, but I think they said it's used. I just don't know why they keep sending used ones if there's gonna be problems and I'll have to keep sending it back.
    09-11-08 08:08 PM
    Hmmm? Why are they sending used ones? Did you already have a new one that they are now re-replacing?
    09-11-08 08:12 PM
    What programs have you installed? If you leave certain programs open, they will eat your battery to death.
    09-11-08 08:13 PM
    I had a new one, lost it. They sent a replacement phone; sent 2 other replacement batteries and the battery worked fine the last two weeks or so until last night. And this morning my calendar was wiped out.
    09-11-08 08:14 PM
    I don't have anything installed...still new to all this so I don't know how to dl anything. Bluetooth is not on. I think I made a 15 minute phone call and a few texts yesterday and it was full (took it off charge yesterday morning) and it died in the middle of the night.
    09-11-08 08:16 PM
    One more reason I am glad I left AT&T. As for the device, I have had some problems, but nothing that could not fixed (and certainly nothing that one should not expect when dealing with technology).
    09-11-08 08:16 PM
    when you get the phone run memory optimization to get rid of the things you dont need and it keeps the phone clean it will help keep unwanted stuff off the phone

I am currently missing the link in my sig but if somebody could post it for him it would be great
    09-11-08 08:25 PM
    Turn down your backight to around 30 or 40

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 08:26 PM
    when you get the phone run memory optimization to get rid of the things you dont need and it keeps the phone clean it will help keep unwanted stuff off the phone

I am currently missing the link in my sig but if somebody could post it for him it would be great
    The links jhill mentioned are in my sig. CrackMem and Memory Optimization Guide
    09-11-08 08:39 PM
    The good folks on this site will help you in any way possible. Take it from one who knows. I don't blame you for venting however. It is indeed frustrating when things don't perform to expectations.
    09-11-08 08:44 PM
    Thanks for the links! Is there a reasonable explanation about why my whole calendar was wiped out?

I'm having a rough day...all I want is to have my phone work LOL
    09-11-08 08:44 PM
    go to options > status and post the number for File Free
    09-11-08 08:48 PM
    25732437 bytes
    09-11-08 08:56 PM
    Geez, only a days worth of battery for that little usage? I've had my 8310 for a few months now (I got it when the Bold was originally supposed to come out back in JUNE ) and have been nothing but happy with it. I use mine regularly, it's constantly downloading email and texting and browsing the internet and I am always getting calls and my standard battery routinely lasts 2-3 days or more if I'm using it less than normal. To me that was a godsend considering I previously had a HTC Tilt which would last only about one and a half days with minimal usage

- LC
    09-11-08 08:57 PM
    Any kind of help would be great. I called them and they're sending out another one, but I think they said it's used. I just don't know why they keep sending used ones if there's gonna be problems and I'll have to keep sending it back.
    Hi...
    AT&T has specifics regarding your account and phone. Under 30days, you get a new phone. After 30days, you will get a refurb. A refurb will go through a diag. test and the case will replaced with a new one. The roller is new as well as the keyboard. I get refurbs at work and they are usually fine. In fact, I have more duds with new phones than refurbs. Refurbs usually work fine.

Just a thought...
    I see you have an 8310. Do you have a memory card installed in the phone?
    And, do you take pictures with the camera?

H.
    09-11-08 09:06 PM
    I do have a memory card installed. And I do take pictures but haven't lately.
    09-11-08 09:10 PM
    I do have a memory card installed. And I do take pictures but haven't lately.
    For what it's worth, I get about 75% battery use during an agressive day...

The only reason I was asking about the memory card is that some peeps get this phone and don't install a mem card and pile a bunch of pictures on the phone memory only to find they are missing email etc.

Also, are you leaving the music player running or GPS? Do you use the correct case that places the phone in standby?

One more issue, with the 83X phones if you use the "Switch Application" feature while on phone calls, this can burn through memory on this device. Are you doing a lot of this while on phone calls? (an example, someone calls and you need to look at an email while talking on the phone)

Good luck....

H.
    09-11-08 09:52 PM
    haha... all this my stuff is funny
    09-12-08 08:26 PM
    Some things to keep in mind that will eat your battery (I know a few have been mentioned but I thought I'd list what I know of):

-If you are in an area with weak signal, and your phone has to constantly search for a connection
    -Having bluetooth enabled
    -Watching videos, playing games, etc.
    -Setting your backlight to stay on for a long time
    -Most importantly, remember that on a blackberry you have to CLOSE out of programs or they will still run in the background. If you played a game yesterday and didn't actually go to "close" in the menu, it might still be running. Go to the application switcher if you're not sure what's still active. Some programs (messages, BB Messenger, Home Screen, etc.) cannot be closed and are part of the system.

Sorry if you already know all of the above, just trying to help

Also I have no clue about why your calendar would be clearing, that's pretty unusual.
    09-12-08 11:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD