i have never in my life found a phone so difficult to use hah

can anyone please explain how i can set ringtones for different things (ex- i wanna set a different ringer for my texts, email, ect...)
    03-03-09 07:11 AM
    Read this.http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...contact-48275/ this will help you alot. Also you might like to read this 101 too.http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/blac...e-series-4716/ if you have more questions feel free to ask. Welcome to CB!
    03-03-09 07:18 AM
    Start with this, from the home screen:
    Profiles > scroll down to Advanced and click > Select profile you want to modify > MenuKey > Edit > adjust in-holster and out-of-holster settings for all manner of messaging modalities :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 07:20 AM
    Welcome to the addiction known as crackberry!
    03-03-09 07:20 AM
    Hi and welcome to CrackBerry.

I nearly threw my for one at the wall afeter several hours of fighting it. Please do stick at it. Once you have the logic of the BlackBerry in your head and have worked out the way the OS works, there will be no going back.

Read thge 101 guides and ask questions in here. Try to ask one question at a time so that you can stay on subject.

Nearly everyone in here has been through the BlackBerry learniung experience and we both understand it and will help you.
    03-03-09 07:28 AM
    Sounds-> set ringtone/alerts and from there it should be self explanatory.. or i believe you can simply go to the contact hit edit and assign a personal ringtone from there..
    03-03-09 07:34 AM
    Sounds-> set ringtone/alerts and from there it should be self explanatory.. or i believe you can simply go to the contact hit edit and assign a personal ringtone from there..
    This is not correct. There is no button for "sounds" everything pertaining to sounds must be done under profiles as stated above. The only thing that is correct is that you can go to a contact hit the menu button then edit and add a ringtone for that person.
    03-03-09 07:52 AM
    diiirtybeatz... Welcome!!!

It took me a while to figure my BB out too. Relax after you get the hang of your new BB you'll love it. I do agree if you never handled a BB it is hard to figure it out.
    03-03-09 08:36 AM
    Welcome to CB.

One thing to remember is that about the last thing you use your Curve for is a phone.

It's on the bottom of my list behind email, music player, camera, weather report, messages, web browser, maps, and just play silly stuff like the easy button.
    03-03-09 08:43 AM
    I am new here as well and just got my 8330 and am hooked. Thanks to this place, the change has been seamless.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 10:02 AM
    Welcome to crackberry
    03-03-09 10:04 AM
    Well im new but still welcome im getting my crackberry 8330 soon and i hope i have a seamless transistion from flip P.O.S phones to The Almight Blackberry Addicition
    03-03-09 10:32 AM
    thanks alot for the help i actually figured it out now haha

now to get some cool ringers!!!! =)
    03-03-09 11:15 AM
    ok i got another ? for all you pro-crackberry people hehe

my friend has a video that he recorded on his BB... he sent it to me in an EMAIL but when i go 2 it on my BB it doesnt have an option 2 DL it to my phone.. am i missing somthing?!??!!?!

Thanks
    DB
    03-03-09 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD