The Curve is PCMAG'S Editors' Choice for the Longest Lasting Cell Phone. They specficially named Verizon's 8330, but I'm sure this applies to all Curves. So there you go, definitely not outdated.
    01-26-09 05:29 PM
    Used my Dad's tilt for a day after being on the BB for 6 months.

Pluses for Tilt: Opera Mobile kills most every other mobile browser out there, save WebKit phones. Also, WM has a far stronger 3rd party scene.
    Pluses for Curve: Everything else. Music player, email, IM, design, typing, etc.
    You can download opera mobile for your blackberry. I have it on mine.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 06:05 PM
    You can download opera mobile for your blackberry. I have it on mine.

I thought opera mini only works for BB's?
    01-26-09 06:11 PM
    Another great point in my opinion is the fact that when a device like the Curve has been out for some time you dont have to worry about a lot of bugs the new devices might still have because they're sooo brand new and havent been used for such a long time... The Curve has def stood a brief test of time and still rocks!
    01-26-09 06:33 PM
    how could a phone like the curve everbecome outdated due to constant OS upgrades?
    01-26-09 06:45 PM
    Opera Mobile != Opera Mini

The former is only available for WinMo phones and is near dekstop-quality.

The latter is what we all know and love, which works on all J2ME phones (including the blackberry).

dvdfan2k, you make an interesting point, but I'm not really sure how important that is. If he gets a Curve now, he'll have it for the next year or two, at which point he can upgrade to the next generation (probably 2 generations after the Bold/Javelin). So he can either get a used Curve and then a new CDMA Bold/Javelin in 6 months for a lot of money, or he can get a brand new Curve now for relatively cheap, stick with it for a year or two (don't worry, it will still be getting lots of software updates and will still be the primary blackberry for at least the next 6 months to year), and then upgrade to something much better than the Bold/Storm/Javelin on the relative cheap. Personally, I love my Curve and I have no regrets.
    01-26-09 07:08 PM
    My Curve sees more use than my computer! Not outdated at all!

01-26-09 07:19 PM
    I love my Curve! I was used to Voyager and Env2 from VZW. Switched to a Sprint Curve and haven't regretted it!
    01-26-09 07:39 PM
    Just upgraded to the 8320 from a pearl on Tmo and I am in love with my curve! I use wifi at home and browsing is fast. No issues. You can't go wrong with a curve.

01-26-09 07:39 PM
    How much does Alltel charge for the Curve with upgrade/renew pricing? When I purchased my used 8310 I paid $100 for it. If I had been upgrade eligible (which I wasn't), T-Mobile would have charged me $100 for a brand new device and extended my contract. The only damage to my used device is cosmetic, the hardware is fully functional and was only used for a couple months before it was sold to me. I'll spend $40-$50 on replacement housing parts and customization and it will look like a brand new curve. So, either way I would have spent about $150 dollars after customization but by buying used it has no affect on upgrade eligibility. If you do that, you'll have your Curve now but you'll still be able to use your upgrade later when the newer berry's are available on Alltel. Also, good used berry's aren't hard to find on CL right now (and cheap too)...the economy is bad and a lot of people are selling whatever they can to try and pay the bills.
    Last edited by moto211; 01-26-09 at 07:44 PM.
    01-26-09 07:41 PM
    wow i am thrilled with all the responses and advice! One more thing...with the curve, can you silence your texting ringtone? on my 2 other WM devices i had i COULD NOT do that and it REALLY bugged me! It would just play through...
    01-26-09 08:19 PM
    outdated? you serious? Def not outdated, curve is a great device--out of all the berrys out right now, the bold is the only phone, imo, that is of equal, if not better than the curve.
    01-26-09 08:22 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD