I always let my 19 month old play with my phone, an 8320. I know I know. This is bad and I am def paying the price now. See, she decided to sit IN the bathroom sink while I was getting ready for work and play with my phone. While she was in there, she accidentally turned on the water. Guess what got wet? Besides my daughter?! Yep, my beloved, my berry!

So now most of the buttons won't respond. I can roll the pearl button, but it won't respond to pushing.

Do you guys know of a way that I can see what a tech would see and know if it has water damage? I'm wondering if I take it to t-mobile and claim it "stopped working out of nowhere" if they will be able to tell. What do you guys think?
    02-12-08 12:44 AM
    They look for a dot on the battery. If it's a certain color it notes water damager. Absolutely nothing you can do about it. Sorry.
    02-12-08 01:10 AM
    So sorry to hear this .
    02-12-08 05:04 AM
    Like sunkast stated, but there also is a moisture indication on the phone.
    Just in case you were thinking of switching batteries!

Try putting it in a sealed bag of uncooked dry white rice. It will "pull" the moisture out of the phone. It might help.
    02-12-08 05:32 AM
    Also put it in the oven, heat it to 115-120 for a few hours. Take the battery out. I have saved a DS and phone this way.
    02-12-08 07:57 AM
    I think every parent could admit to letting their child play with their phone....but Ohhhh No!!! Not the Berry....

Sorry for your loss.
    02-12-08 09:23 AM
    yeah if the dot is red and you can get it to change back white you'll be good.... and after a few days if it dries out and some of the buttons still dont work... you might want to attempt to take it apart. im sure since there are a lot of electronics in it that the buttons arent working due to built up rust (metal contacts on phones rust when wet) might not let the buttons work like its supposed too. a very little bit of alcohol oh a Q tip should get it off.
    02-12-08 09:31 AM
    ~I feel your pain; this is tragic...so sorry to hear...~
    02-12-08 09:40 AM
    I'm sorry to hear that babe I lost a lot of device that was ruin by my baby remote for the tv. do you have ins.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-08 09:41 AM
    Exactly the reason why I wouldn't let any child get close to my phone.
    02-12-08 10:06 AM
    Get a new one and talk it out of her college fund! That will teach her!
    02-12-08 03:46 PM
    Give her a Windows Mobile device to play with. That will really teach her
    02-12-08 03:48 PM
    LOL You guys are bad.
    02-12-08 03:55 PM
    I've definitely lost a couple electronic devices this way. Sorry for your loss.

02-12-08 03:59 PM
    I understand the toddler issue. My 18 month old daughter had ny curve on the bedroom floor lastweek, didn't think much of it as it is usually locked, but when I talked her into giving it back to me, it had "pass attempt 5 of 10 failed". That would have been a shocker. So now baby girl has Daddys old razr to call her very own. :-)

02-12-08 05:01 PM
    I don't know if it's urban legend or what, but I actually heard you shouldn't let kids play with any cell phone because the batteries can explode and kill the kid... I saw a headline on our local news about a guy who was killed by his cell batt. exploding, so I'm thinking it might be true. Just thought I would throw that out there!
    02-12-08 05:10 PM
    This is not a myth as far as I'm concerned. And not with just cell phone batteries. I've heard of laptop batteries and other electronic batteries exploding. There was recently a news report here about I think a kid with a PSP and the battery in it exploded while it was in his pocket.
    02-12-08 05:21 PM
    Daam daam dam dam, daam dam dam dam dam dam daaam. (Funeral march)

I'm sorry for your loss. Kid still getting the same love as pre-BBsinking?

02-12-08 05:44 PM
    so sorry to hear about your loss
    02-12-08 05:54 PM
    LOL You guys are bad.
    > Sorry, that's the iPhone in me
    02-12-08 05:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD