can anyone tell me why my faves on tmobile doesnt allow me to set pictures to myfaves?? it doesnt have a myfaves menu like my old wing, the myfaves icon just toggles the display of MF from on to off...
    02-22-08 12:59 AM
    You can. Click on the person, whose icon you want to change...then click Menu -> edit contact -> scroll down to Icon in the list and click Menu -> Change Icon and it should bring up the areas for you to select a new icon. (i.e. myPictures, myFaves, etc.)
    Good luck.
    02-22-08 10:26 AM
    ah thank you
    02-26-08 12:30 AM
    I just upgraded to 4.3 OS and I the My Faves Icons are gone. I lost my pictures for the icons during the upgrade but I got them on the device again and followed the steps above. Only problem is that when I hit "edit contact"...nothing happens. I even went in through the the media folder and set the pictures I want as My Faves Icons, but I still get nothing but the default icons. Any thoughts?
    03-20-08 10:00 AM
    I tried assigning Icons through the T-Mobile website and still nothing.
    03-20-08 03:36 PM
    I aggree. I upgraded my 8120 to the 4.5 muiltilanguage version and I lost the newest two of my icons, and when I found better photos for icons on my other ones, they just went to DEFAULT black silhouettes and I have checked mytmobile account online and they are all there, with the right photos but when I resend them to my mobile they do not change on the phone no matter WHAT!

Can someone help me find the solution to this?
    12-08-08 01:24 AM
    do a battery pull and or resend the service books
    12-08-08 02:19 AM
    already did ALL OF THAT does not work...
    12-08-08 02:25 AM
    When I lost my icons, I went to tmobile's website on my PC and edited an icon for one of my faves, they popped up on my berry right after that because tmo sent a signal to the device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 03:46 AM
    Also, plug your berry in to your PC and restore the backup file the upgrade instructions had you make when you upgraded. That will bring them back too.

12-08-08 03:49 AM
    Ok... so I got the 4.5 from blackberry.com download section for mine... and reinstalled it after having taken off the vendor (again) and then ran the loader and this time it finished all seems well, the UMA came on IMMEDIATELY this time whereas most complain on here that it took them a week or so before having another problem, ...

Mine now shows UMA in big letters so that looks or SEEMS good, and also my faves are all correct but it will have to wait until I update them online to see if they do automatically work well without another complete installation of the OS.

Now all i need is to get rid of that dumb eoffice trial that somehow DOES NOT show up on my applications list to delete or on my list of apps of the desk manager, AND i have to figure out how to make this phone not last 2-3 minutes of hourglass time to boot up

any words of advice?
    12-08-08 04:32 AM
    oops think that got rid of the eoffice as well

YAY (so far seems like its gone haha )
    12-08-08 04:34 AM
    They all take a while to boot, tico. You shouldn't need to do anything to your myfaves, unless you want to change pictures or whatever - and I do that right from my berry. After an upgrade, all you should need to do is send service books, and with TMo you can do that from your BlackBerry as well, you should be good to go. I also added browser settings for you in case you haven't done so already:

Send Service Books: Click your internet email icon (the envelope with a gear in front of it)> click service books> click send service books, or log onto your provider's website and send them from there.

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

12-08-08 08:35 AM
    I need help getting my faves, I get an error message, says something about java.lang.something exception. I have gone thru t-mo bb tech support twice. Still nothing. Anyone got info on this?
    03-14-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD