ok where to begin. i have tmobile and i do not have the data plan because i honestly do not need it and its 20 bucks. since i dont have the data plan it doesnt let me use any of the ims aol yahoo nothing. i think is SH#T because my wing did!!! and also any thing such as yahoo go i could use as long as i hooked up to wifi. but this great fine piece of thing called bb wont! also when i hook up to wifi, i have to hope the damn thing goes to the page. wont let me go to any website half the time. it especially will not let me go to hotmail.com. and i dowloaded the app for bank of america and that will not work it says need a differant browser to use the app.... the other message i get when it doesnt want to go to the websites is a communication failure has occurred. the server may be busy, please try again later. Also if anyone knows if you can just get the 5.99 tzones and all of the other stuff will work or any hacks of any kind??? if anyone can help with any of this it would be GREAT!
    10-29-08 09:00 PM
    Well u weren't cheap when getting the curve. Why not go all the way. You cheap *******!
    Sorry, got worked up!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-08 09:52 PM
    the curve was only 100 bucks... my wing was 300 so wtf !?!?!?!? if nothing can be done let me know!!! anybody
    10-29-08 09:55 PM
    are you able to get opera mini on your phone? I know on my old pearl I downloaded it when I had the data plan then after I took it off I could still access it thru wifi. The only thing is at times it would be slow.
    Tzones is not going to get you anything. IMO the $20 is worth it
    10-29-08 09:58 PM
    U need the data plan so that all ims can work.

10-29-08 10:00 PM
    I would recommend the data plan. $20 bucks aint much if you think about it, and be thankful you dont have att since I heard there data plane is $50 bucks? is this true. Anyone?

Personally, I believe a blackberry without a data plan is useless.
    10-29-08 10:14 PM
    There are work arounds: The third party program "IM+" should work for all your IMs
    10-29-08 10:27 PM
    10-29-08 10:28 PM
    you can get the ims if you pay the 9.99 just no internet, actually I think if you call tmo you can get the im features free
    10-29-08 10:31 PM
    i dont know about tmobile but i know for a FACT att charges im as text messasges so if you have no text messages on your plan then you get no ims. so i dont know if tmobile does that same restriction or not. would suck if they did.
    10-30-08 08:01 AM
    IMs are data.. get a data plan, its 20 bucks a month, its the cheapest BB that I know of between all the carriers.
    10-30-08 08:05 AM
    Blackberry is really about the data, emails, messaging, web. Not really worth having a Curve without a data plan. As others have said, it's worth the $20 a month.

TMO also has minutes and mail plan:Unsupported Browser
    10-30-08 08:10 AM
    It's amazing how much information is available on the web if you want to find it... including how much a Blackberry data plan cost, and you don't even have to own a Blackberry to find out this information... it should not be a surprise when you buy a BB... sorry, that was my rant on this.

You might be able to use your wifi connection to download and install opera mini which should help you when you want to browse some sites on the the internet with your wifi connection.

There have been a lot of conversations on the T-Mobile section about using just wifi connections... what their limitations are... and what will work with them... the search function does work here... try searching just that section for the word wifi... and then possibly adding more terms depending on your search results.
    10-30-08 08:58 AM
    You can download opera mini to your PC and install it using DM.
    10-30-08 09:15 AM
    Just get the data plan and stop being so damn cheap. A BB is pointless without it, plus you would not be able to use a majority of the apps. $20.....are u really th�t cheap?

10-30-08 12:40 PM
    Hi everyone. i have the blackberry curve 8310 for 3 months. i initially had the phone just cut off on me and go to a blank screen.. i tried downloading the new software. it kept bringing me to where it was asking for a password. 10 tries....and evnetually it wiped out...so blackberry told me it was defected now..it came to another white screen with jvm 513, so i decided to try again. it said successfully installed, now the hour glass is just there repeatedly, is this normal anyone? how long should i wait before i can consider it a dead phone..i also didnt do it with my sim card in. but after it said installed, i put the sim in...was that ok...? any suggestions are welcome thanks.
    10-30-08 02:33 PM
    Hi everyone. i have the blackberry curve 8310 for 3 months. i initially had the phone just cut off on me and go to a blank screen.. i tried downloading the new software. it kept bringing me to where it was asking for a password. 10 tries....and evnetually it wiped out...so blackberry told me it was defected now..it came to another white screen with jvm 513, so i decided to try again. it said successfully installed, now the hour glass is just there repeatedly, is this normal anyone? how long should i wait before i can consider it a dead phone..i also didnt do it with my sim card in. but after it said installed, i put the sim in...was that ok...? any suggestions are welcome thanks.
    So,the phone IS working, but you have the hourglass popping up all the time?

Are you running facebook? If so delete it.

Also after your upgrade, you will need to resend your service books, and reregister your host routing table..Options, Advanced, Host Routing.. menu then register..
    10-30-08 05:15 PM
    it came to another white screen with jvm 513.
    JVM 513

Read this.
    10-30-08 05:19 PM
    Did that guy just hijack someones thread?

10-30-08 05:51 PM
    Yes. It happens with new people and we try to have patience with them. Besides, the OP's question was answered. Most of what he wants to do needs a data plan. There might be some work around with Opera Mini using WiFi, but it isn't going to work all that well. Might need to bite the bullet and either get the plan or a different device to be happy.

10-30-08 06:00 PM
    I read somewhere that TMo's BB data is going up to 34.99 within the next day or so.
    10-30-08 06:17 PM
    I read somewhere that TMo's BB data is going up to 34.99 within the next day or so.
    could it be for the 3g?
    10-30-08 06:19 PM
    Here's the link to the info on TMo's data increase. T-Mobile: T-Mobile Becomes Less Budget, Increases Price on Data Plans
    10-31-08 06:24 AM
    Interesting that the 400 text message plan for BB is the same price as the current unlimited data and 400 message plans. Now they're just forcing you to pay for something you don't want.
    10-31-08 07:03 AM
    Its not going up..

BTW 34.99 a month, there, under the BB plan, is what I already pay for both, the BB plan being 19.99 and then my unlim text is 14.99.. sooo, they lumped those together, it doesnt make sense anyways,
    Its not going up, TMO knows nothing bout this change.
    Last edited by rachel0179; 10-31-08 at 07:20 AM.
    10-31-08 07:13 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD