I had an interesting problem pop up a couple of days ago. Literally out of the blue, email stopped flowing, Yahoo IM and GTalk disconnected, no browsing, no Facebook updates, nothing in the middle of the afternoon. I didn't even notice this stoppage, as I was out and about, had my Curve in my pocket. What I did notice is that when I got home, and within range of my Wifi, my Curve started buzzing like crazy, updating email. Didn't think too much of it, until the next day, when I no longer was receiving email, again, outside of wifi coverage, but on Edge. Not traveling or anything, just at work and within town.

I resent service books, didn't receive them. Turned my wifi on, within range of our wifi connection here at work, and immediately received email, service books, etc. Connected to IM, could browse, everything updated.

Turn wifi off, nothing. I only get updates within wifi connectivity, but point is, I only get data if I am connected to wifi. Edge simply isn't working anymore.

I called TMO, they tried a few things, had me send a PIN, which was never received. Phone is registered correctly on their end, they see nothing out of the ordinary. Ticket is currently opened, as they are looking at the issue.

Wondering if any of you have any recommendations, if you've experienced this before? I am running the current 4.5x TMO OS release, have been for a few weeks, no issues at all. I've done a number of battery pulls over the last couple of days, no help.

Let me know if you have any ideas, thanks all.

JB
    12-19-08 12:07 PM
    I presume they had you register the HRT ( options>advanced>host routing table>menu>register now)?
    12-19-08 12:32 PM
    Go to Manage Connections, Mobile Network Options, and check that your Connection Preference is not set to WiFi Only, it should be WiFi Preferred. Then back under Manage Connections check the Services Status and you should see Mobile Network EDGE and Mobile Network Provider as T-Mobile.

Hope that helps.
    12-19-08 12:57 PM
    I've noticed similar issues about 3 or 4 weeks ago, I didn't receive any sms all day at work which was strange, I got home and my phone blew up! It lasted a couple days then resolved all on its own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 01:04 PM
    Let me guess...on EDGE you get no email or web browsing. You can, however, send/receive texts and, this is the weird part..you can go to the t-zones page with the browser.

If this describes your problem, T-Mobile is not going to be able to do anything. If you don't count sending you to RIM, that is.

The problem is that the RIM network is got your PIN "stuck" in one node instead of handing you off as it should. (T-zones will work because it does not use the RIM network) They are the only ones that can fix this. You will, however, need T-Mobile to get you to RIM support if you don't want to fork over your credit card number and pay for the call.

If the RIM person can't figure out what's going on, tell them to refer to case # 5955895 for reference.
    12-19-08 01:48 PM
    Let me guess...on EDGE you get no email or web browsing. You can, however, send/receive texts and, this is the weird part..you can go to the t-zones page with the browser.

If this describes your problem, T-Mobile is not going to be able to do anything. If you don't count sending you to RIM, that is.

The problem is that the RIM network is got your PIN "stuck" in one node instead of handing you off as it should. (T-zones will work because it does not use the RIM network) They are the only ones that can fix this. You will, however, need T-Mobile to get you to RIM support if you don't want to fork over your credit card number and pay for the call.

If the RIM person can't figure out what's going on, tell them to refer to case # 5955895 for reference.
    Hmmmm, you hit the nail on the head. I had not tried the Tzone site, and sure enough, it comes right up.

I will call TMO right now. I bet it's the same thing. I will let you know how it goes, thank you!
    12-19-08 02:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD