hi,

i recently upgraded to 4.5 on tmobilie, and keep getting an annoying screen with an offer to sign up for their internet. i can't change the browser to wifi, like in 4.2, and it's very frustrating. i like the bb browser, but tmobile apparently has taken over their browser with their t-zones stuff. i want to be able to use the browser over wifi like i use to, and not go through the t-zones stuff. is there a way to change this, perhaps installing the browser itself from somewhere. idk its very frustrating that they changed this and i can't figure a work around...the t-zones is driving me crazy! if i didnt have opera installed i wouldn't have a browser at all!

thanks.
    11-10-08 10:27 PM
    First open your browser, press the menu key and select go to and go to the page you want your browser to open on. Then pres the menu key again and select options, then select browser configuration, scroll to the bottom and select use current, then click back and save. Then when you open your browser, it should open on the page you want it to. I have posted other info for you below.

Now make sure you use the following settings for the best browser view:

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

Then go to this guide to set your wifi up:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/comp...ifi-how-47229/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 11-11-08 at 12:49 AM.
    11-10-08 10:40 PM
    I should have asked this first, do you have a data plan? If you do my directions should work.

11-10-08 10:45 PM
    I don't think he would complain about wi-fi if he had unlimited data package

11-10-08 11:46 PM
    Thanks Yum, I assumed he had data because he was being sent to T-Zones when he opened his browser. Once my browser reset to tzones after my fourth or fifth OS upgrade, and I have unlimited data.

11-11-08 12:25 AM
    i do not have a data plan, thus is why tmobile is trying to push it to me. at the very top of browser configuration where it says "browser:" i only have t-zones and hotspot browser. emulation is set to bb. when i open up mobile.blackberry.com, i get the page that says i need to use a bb browser. i want to download some apps from the site and am trying to set it to bb browser. it was not like this in 4.2 from tmobile. after changing the home page i'm not getting the prompt from tmobile to sign up for their internet anymore, so that's a step up. i have the hotspot@home service, and my campus has wifi so i dont need a data plan quite yet.
    11-11-08 09:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD