hi i was wondering if someone could tell me the normal speeds for the BIS through tmobile.

i was looking into adding it to my plan, cos i hate how i am not able to use many third party applications through wifi -_-

so, what are the speeds like? how much lower than wifi?

any tips for it would be good...

also i did a search on this earlier and it read one post about some problems with the curve and the bis, and how i would have to constantly reset it and something about service books any input on that??
    02-21-08 09:59 AM
    It's definitely slower then wifi. You will notice a difference. With that being said though, I don't really mind it. As long as I get what I want relatively quick I'm happy.

What applications do you want to use that aren't working over wifi?
    02-21-08 10:02 AM
    Sunkast is right. How "instant" do you need, if at all. I can live with the 15 minute or so polling interval. My email isn't usually that critical. If it is, then they should be calling me, not emailing.
    02-21-08 12:48 PM
    well stuff like maps and messengers and of course email,

and the Google Maps is still not working on my phone...so that being said.....

so i guess ill try it....
    02-21-08 03:17 PM
    I don't have any problems using those things.
    02-21-08 03:50 PM
    ok i see, hey sunkast do you think if i call bb customer service on tmobile, do you think they can get me help with google maps?
    02-21-08 04:01 PM
    I doubt it... Carriers don't like to give support for products that are not theirs. What problem are you having? And you are only using wifi correct?
    02-21-08 04:10 PM
    yeah, basically am sure ive posted this before.....

well, basically, my google maps does not work, ive unistalled, installed, pulled the battery and done most other stuff that ive been told to do by people here and at other forums

basically, when i start Google Maps, it freezes my phone and i have to reset my phone(battery pull) thats only right after i install GM
    the times after it that it just doesnt do anything, its like if i wasnt clicking on anything, th phone doesnt freeze but it doesnt do anything either...

i have allowed to sit frozen for about 10 mins before cos i read somewhere that it took a while to load, but i doubt it would take over 10 minutes to load.....lol

any tips?
    02-21-08 06:46 PM
    I wonder if there is a bug in the software. What I am thinking is that if you are using wifi only, if the APN information is left blank, maybe it's having a problem with that. You could try entering wap.voicestream.com for the APN and see if that stops GM from freezing. Or something quirky like that.
    02-21-08 07:22 PM
    done that :|
    02-21-08 11:33 PM
    r u sure you're on wifi? becuz i had some problem like that where i could use instanst messenger but my broswer didnt work
    02-21-08 11:59 PM
    Only other thing you could do is wipe the device and reload the OS.
    02-22-08 12:26 AM
    hmmm i guess....idk, am trying to still decide whether i should get the data plan and then just use BB Maps and such.......its only an extra $20....lol

still teethering over yes or no haha

(sunkast do you ever sleepp? lol)
    02-22-08 12:30 AM
    r u sure you're on wifi? becuz i had some problem like that where i could use instanst messenger but my broswer didnt work

yes cos i can use the browser but the GM problem persists
    02-22-08 12:31 AM
    Robots don't need sleep.
    02-22-08 12:57 AM
    haha i see, well i will be going to sleep now mr.roboto

and i have signed up for the Tmobile Data Plan haha, so lets see how well that goes
    02-22-08 01:12 AM
    hey it takes care of it all right, i dont have to set up anything?? i just added it to my plan, now its just a sit and wait thing right?
    02-22-08 01:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD