Ok so I upgraded to the new TMo OS (v4.2.2.180) for my Curve last night. It took about 3 hours. The upgrade saves your standard BB settings and then wipes your Berry clean and then reinstalls the new v4.2.2.180 OS.

It's a big download and then it takes awhile to wipe and reinstall. Your 3rd-party programs are saved but all the customizations and passcodes you've set up are not saved so you have to reset all your 3rd-party programs from scratch. If you decide to upgrade your Curve, I strongly suggest that you make sure you have your original registration codes for any 3rd-party software or else you're gonna be in trouble.

Again, this whole process took me about 3 hours.

I'm wondering if anyone else has taken this OS update plunge and, if so, if you've found any discernable difference in the performance of your Curve?

If anyone is interested in locating the update, please reference the following link ...

DeviceDownloads
    11-01-07 12:09 PM
    I have upgraded mine but I don't think mine took THAT long.

The only thing I'm not happy about, is my Stowaway Shasta Bluetooth Keyboard doesn't work!!!!!!! after the upgrade. I have to check the driver and probably download it again. We'll see..
    11-01-07 02:10 PM
    Mine didn't take that long, and I noticed no real big difference.
    11-01-07 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD