I need help on what to use as my TMO BB Connection Preference. Currently I have it set on to WiFi Preferred. Now to get a little detailed, at home, I have horrible TMO service, barely 2 bars, or one at most, but I have WiFi all over my house. The situation here is that, I've read how the BB can go btwn EDGE to WiFI and you wouldn't even notice it, not in my situation. As I would be talking on the phone and entering my house, the switch from EDGE to WiFi, will cause my connection to fail and drop my call. On top of which, while in home and talking on WiFi, I've heard complains from everyone that, when ever I'm talking to them, my end of the line comes in choppy, so they do not understand what I am talking about, yet when I have just one bar and talk to everyone from within my home, they hear me perfectly clear. Since most of my in home connection depends on WiFi to use AIM, Gchat, BBM, etc.. What would any of you suggest my best option would be for Connection Preference?

THANKS!!!
    12-02-09 07:30 AM
    For Connection Preference, stick with "Mobile Network Preferred" unless you never plan on taking your BB out of your home. I would check your OS version. Older versions tend to be flakey on wi-fi performance. Latest versions are listed above.
    12-02-09 07:56 AM
    I actually have the most current version installed on my phone. 4.5.0.81, unless there is a newer version? I'll give it a shot and see how Mobile Network Preferred works.
    12-02-09 12:57 PM
    the 4.5.0.81 version is the latest TMO version. It is OLD compared to the newer versions listed above in this forum. The later versions offer improved performance, and a lot of extras compared to the 4.5.0.81 release. I believe the latest available for the 8320 is v4.5.0.174 which includes the browser fix. Just follow the installation instructions in the thread.
    12-02-09 01:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD