I got this phone from my wife who is on tmobile because she upgraded. My company pays for my phone service and they use ATT so I just take their SIM and put it in whtever phone I want.

Since I started using this BB some of the features don't work, such as instant messaging. I read some on this site about updating service books, but when I try that nothing seems to happen (options-adv options-host routing- nothing listed here- register now- nothing happens)

I also wanted to setup POP email on this but I don't see how. Do I need some other app?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 11:10 AM
    Is the device unlocked?

Do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan?
    09-05-09 12:58 PM
    It's a TMo phone you have to unlock it first to make those features work on ATT and +1 for the data plan.
    09-05-09 01:14 PM
    I unlocked it already, it wouldn't even read the SIM before that. After unlock, everything works except the I'm feature. I have a data plan because I am getting to the web with the browser, and I am posting on this forum from the device now

09-05-09 01:42 PM
    Anyone else have an idea on this?

09-05-09 07:17 PM
    But do you have a BLACKBERRY Data Plan? A specific plan is needed to get BlackBerry features.
    09-05-09 08:36 PM
    No I just have an internet plan. But everything works except IM. I downloaded a Twitter app and a weather app yesterday which both work perfectly. So is there a way to make this work without a BB plan? And can I not do the Service Books without a BB plan?

09-06-09 11:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD