I have the 8310 and am po'ed that I have to go in and change the time zone when going around the country.

Is there a Blackberry that will automaticly change to the time zone that your in???

I'm a truck driver and need this. My past "Dumb" phones always updated. All I had to do was set my alarm. Didn't have to worry about which time zone I was in.
    03-23-09 11:53 AM
    I have the same issue with my 8310. My old Nokia (also AT&T) adjusted the timezone automatically as well. I had always thought it was a Service Provider function. I guess not. It's not a 3G option is it? Anyone?
    03-23-09 01:59 PM
    I just found this thread which deals with the issue we're talking about. According to this thread - we're screwed. We have to change the timezone manually. Sorry I couldn't find any better news.

forums.crackberry.com/f52/time-zone-change-179878/[/url]
    03-23-09 02:04 PM
    Maybe check this out https://www.worldmatelive.com/

Saw it in another thread maybe it will help
    03-23-09 02:07 PM
    The TZ change is by design. Because the BB is designed to sync OTA with your calendar, here are many implications to changing TZ that go beyond the displayed time.
    03-23-09 03:58 PM
    Bottom line. WHen you change time zones, you manually have to change it. I know it is a bummer, but hey still the best damn device on the market
    03-23-09 04:57 PM
    My question was: Is there a Blackberry that will automaticlly change time zones???? Getting close to time where I can upgrade and I won't be using another Blackberry unless one does.

Being a truck driver, I'm back and forth between est and cst sometimes a couple of times a day and need to have it done automaticlly. Heck I'd settle for an Alarm/Display clock that somebody wrote that would read and display the network time.

Glenn...
    03-28-09 12:46 AM
    The answer is "No". The BlackBerry will not automatically change time zones.
    03-28-09 08:04 AM
    I think there is an app called time zone you can download for $5 that will change it for you. Check out the app area of crackberry and you should find it.
    03-28-09 05:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD