I have a Curve 8310 with AT&T and I traveled to another time zone but it will not sync to the new zone. On my old Motorola it would automatically do it. I have three choices in Date/Time Source (Network, Blackberry, None) and I have tried all three, shut the phone off and turned it back on and it will not change to the local time. What am I missing?
    Pat
    10-11-08 08:05 AM
    There should be some posts on this.......but BB do not auto change time zones you have to do it manual. Sorry
    10-11-08 08:10 AM
    Here, read this thread. It explains the whole thing http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/blac...e-zones-46190/.
    10-11-08 08:27 AM
    Thanks Pete6 but when I add an appointment to my calendar I don't specify what time zone. I live in the Eastern time zone, and if I have an appointment at 2:00 in LA I don't adjust the appointment and put it on my calendar at 10:00.

Does anyone know if there is a way to add a second clock to the screen? When I look at Options, Date/Time it shows my "home" time zone but it also shows the network time and date which is correct. I would like to display both on the screen.
    Thanks
    10-11-08 06:03 PM
    Thanks Pete6 but when I add an appointment to my calendar I don't specify what time zone. I live in the Eastern time zone, and if I have an appointment at 2:00 in LA I don't adjust the appointment and put it on my calendar at 10:00.

Does anyone know if there is a way to add a second clock to the screen? When I look at Options, Date/Time it shows my "home" time zone but it also shows the network time and date which is correct. I would like to display both on the screen.
    Thanks
    When you enter an appointment on your BlackBerry, the time zone selector is a dropdown on the entry screen. Pick the correct time zone for the location of the appointment, and all will be well. If you're entering appointments on the PC using Outlook, then you are correct, you aren't prompted to enter a time zone, but you are entering one just the same. Outlook is using the default time zone for your computer, ET in your case. To make it work, you must enter the correct time zone for the location of the meeting, even though Outlook doesn't make it easy.

Pete referred you to a thread I created a while back. If you skimmed through it, please read it again. It will help you understand what you have to do to make it work. And it will work, if you enter the appointment times in the correct time zone.
    10-11-08 10:28 PM
    Thanks Jeff. I understand the reasoning. It's not the appointments that bothers me the most about the phone not changing time zones automatically. I don't wear a watch, haven't for years, I just look at my cell phone. Since it doesn't automatically change I have to keep remembering how many hours off I am, or change the time zone in Date/Time. My son has the MotoQ which also has his calendar and his phone syncs with whatever time zone he is in. I didn't even give it a thought when I upgraded my flip phone to the Blackberry. Had I known about this sync problem I probably would have selected another phone.
    10-17-08 08:34 AM
    i completely understand your frustration. i've been flying all over the country for job interviews and was a bit frustrated that the time zones did not automatically change over. it's a bit annoying that you have to do it manually, but the email functionality of the phone makes it worth it. i would be completely ticked off if i had to travel for business all the time, egh, oh well.
    10-17-08 09:50 AM
    Thanks everyone for all your help. I'm within 30 days of getting my Blackberry and have decided there are just too many things I don't like about it and I'm going to switch to the Motorola Q.
    10-19-08 03:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD