I have had this problem with many blackberries.
    the time keeps switching to PACIFIC time.
    i live in EASTERN.
    and it keeps switching to Pacific.
    i dont know why. does any one else have this problem.
    what to do!?
    01-16-09 03:51 PM
    i never had this problem but:

go into your setup wizard on the phone and make sure your time zone is set correctly. then save or finish.
    01-16-09 03:53 PM
    Are you syncing the BB with your computer for appointments or calendar info ? If so you may want to check the time zone the computer or online app you might be syncing with, is set to. If the default in the BB DM is to take the computers time if their different, then every time you sync the BB the time will be changed.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 05:43 PM
    thankyou yes. it was the computer whenever i synced it.
    THankyou very much!
    01-17-09 10:51 AM
    I read in an earlier post that BB will not update time on their own. In dec my daughter was in cali visitin and it wudn change

01-17-09 01:19 PM
    I read in an earlier post that BB will not update time on their own. In dec my daughter was in cali visitin and it wudn change

That's correct. BlackBerries don't automatically change time with time zone changes. But if you plug one into a PC and have the option set to sync device time to PC time, the BlackBerry time will change to match the PC time, even if it's wrong, as in this case.
    01-17-09 04:19 PM
    I'm actually glad the BB doesn't auto-update with time zones. I live right on the border of central and eastern, and I often lost track of time with my other phones that did.
    01-17-09 04:24 PM
    Hrmm I been having this problem never noticed if it was when I synced to my pc. My bb would sometimes go a hour off

01-17-09 06:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD