Hey guys...first post. I picked up a T-mobile 8320. While updating from 4.2 to 4.5 (T-Mobile official release), something happened and it went into a boot / reboot loop.

I managed to get it wiped and tried again...and again...and again !!

I tried to go back to 4.2 and received a 543 error and tried again...and again...and agin !!

I have followed the procedures as listed throughout the forums for saving a nuked BB, bricked BB, etc.

I have tried to load the OS via apploader as well as BB Desktop. At this point I'm not sure where to go with this...

Is there something else I can do, or should I decide it is a bad device?

Thanks.

--- Bill
    11-25-08 08:44 PM
    If convenient, I would take it back and see if you can get an immediate swap. I haven't heard of anyone encountering the problems you did.
    11-25-08 08:50 PM
    That's what I was afaid of. I picked it up from an individual (a friend)...returning to the store is not an option. Luckily, I didn't pay much for it. Unfortunately, a new one is out of my price range.

I am happy with my current phone (8100) - was just looking for QWERTY and wi-fi.

Anyone else with an idea before I use it as a coaster?
    11-25-08 08:56 PM
    Have you tried Crack mem? It will wipe your phone and reload the OS for you, I don't have the link, but you can do a quick search and find. Hope it helps...

Edit, sorry, crack mem, with a space. lol

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...ight=crack+mem
    11-25-08 09:14 PM
    I've been using JL_Commander to wipe, but I haven't tried CrackMem.

I'll give it a shot.
    11-25-08 09:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD