The 8330 is a classic blackberry. I like the look and feel of it. However, the OP is right. The OS is dated and the browser can be slow. Bt the device isn't meant to do the same tjings as the iphone. It isn't meant for the same person who would use an iphone. I have had both the 8330 and the iphone 3GS. The iphone is the best phone on the planet. Biut I don't use anymore because it sucked all of my time away. It takes a lot of commitment to get your money's worth out of the iphone. My berry does exactly what I need, really nothing more. If you try to get something out of it that isn't there you will be frustrated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-09 05:53 AM
    still love my oldie 8320,no complains.
    12-12-09 06:03 AM
    Just wondering if anyone else out there hates their curve as much as I do. I feel like i'm using aged technolgy. the phone is slow as all ****, the browser blows, any external apps i install run slow and they're pretty ******** apps for the most part.

besides the push email, i wish i had an iphone, this phone is horrific. I have been using it for 6 months and I am just so sick of it. no threaded sms?? COME ON, i want to throw it against a wall. I am going to get a pre right away or worst case i have to wait for this damn niagara. I am just so fed up with rimm right now.
    I have used the iphone and have heard good things about the new Palm Phones. However I got a BB Curve 8330 a month ago. Yes I do have issues with it, and it needs improvement in some areas, but overall ITS A GREAT PHONE! Its got a number of advantages over the iPhone such as (size, real keyboard, crackberry.com verses the limited apple forums, and much more!) Did I also fail to mention that the BlackBerry has been around for along time, while the iPhone just came out.

For multimedia, web browsing, and PDA capabilities I would not recommend the BlackBerry over iPhone. However for a great communication device that has lots of good features I would strongly recommend it.

So its your choice. I like my Berry and dont leave home without it!

John
    12-12-09 06:51 AM
    The 8330 is a classic blackberry. I like the look and feel of it. However, the OP is right. The OS is dated and the browser can be slow. Bt the device isn't meant to do the same tjings as the iphone. It isn't meant for the same person who would use an iphone. I have had both the 8330 and the iphone 3GS. The iphone is the best phone on the planet. Biut I don't use anymore because it sucked all of my time away. It takes a lot of commitment to get your money's worth out of the iphone. My berry does exactly what I need, really nothing more. If you try to get something out of it that isn't there you will be frustrated.

Even my Berry can be addicting. But you are right in that the Berry is simpler and has capabilities which may be a good thing in that I cant load a planet full of SW on it.

Case in point. My sisters husband is out of a job, yet has downloaded a planet full of apps on his iPhone 3GS, and spends much of his time fiddling with it, when he should be spending that time building a resume, cover letter and looking for work.

John
    12-12-09 06:57 AM
    I have enjoyed my 8310 over the last year and a half it has served me well.
    12-12-09 07:25 AM
    My Curve 8330 was my 1st BB. I got it on my birthday (4/15) when I found that I could write it off. I didn't think I'd really like it that much, its just a phone, right? I had never even had a computer before this. The first thing I ever Googled, I pressed the 'Talk' key and said,"how do I remove the driver door panel on a "92 Cadillac Deville'. I thought 'yeah right' and put it down. Then the screen came on, and there it was! In less than 2 minutes, I clicked on the first entry and found myself in a Cadillac forum on a page that had the answer to my question! From that moment, IT WAS ON! I stumbled across Crackberry by accident, and never looked back! (And yes, I fixed the car) I tether my new 17" laptop with Smartview, and I can do all of this at the beach with it! Yes, I am well pleased with my Curve.

12-14-09 05:38 AM
    I got my curve not too long ago. Early december. As soon as I heard I can flash it with boost I ran out && got me one. Ever since I flashed && got the things I mostly need working its been a dream come true. I used to have the iphone 3g jb for tmo. I can truly say the iphone jb isn't really worth the time. Net goes really slow. 3g doesn't even work. So I decided to get rid of it && get a better phone. Which is my curve! My phone has never gave me any problems. && I love it to deff. would never leave it anywhere!

12-14-09 05:50 AM
    I wish people would just a tiny bit of research before they made a phone purchase

the curve and the iphone are completely different animals...its not even a comparison...if you want a game system/phone the iphone is the choice!if you want a serious workhorse,never let you down device-then its also as clear-BLACKBERRY!

by the way the iphone's battery is the absolute worst I have ever experienced!
    12-14-09 08:11 AM
    Loved my curve. Love my bold even more
    12-14-09 10:20 AM
    My 8330 was a good phone, but I switched back to my 8830 just because I like the feel and weight of it. Both phones run fine on BB's 4.5.0.175 OS release.
    12-14-09 10:48 AM
    My Blackberry Curve is my right hand in my business and it has never failed me.
    12-14-09 12:35 PM
    I love my curve. Yes I know it is an older model, but hey i can always get a newer one this coming year. I have not had any problems to speak of that were not easily fixed. i only wish I had got the 8900 for wifi, but that will be remedied next HUP.
    12-14-09 06:08 PM
    I also love my curve and don't think I can live without it!!
    12-14-09 07:20 PM
    Prior to getting my 8320 I was a Palm Treo 750 user. When I got my BB 8320 I had many issues with it ...Slow connections which I blame AT&T networks for...thanks EDGE!!! But after spending some time with it and browsing the BB Forums I realized these phone offer huge possibilities to tweaking and customization. Much more than iphones and much better than Crappy Windows Mobile. I've actually gone from hating this phone to loving it.

The only thing I wish for...is not more memory...because really...nothing can be done there at this point...but a better OS from Blackberry. One that allows you to run apps from the media Card (yeah, most 3rd party SW I tried failed at this), in my case 8 gigs worth...plenty to run unlimited apps without affecting on board memory. This small change to the OS can offer HUGE benefits and make this phone even more popular while offering the same capabilities as an Iphone...limitless Apps with Copy and paste and a real keyboard.

How about it Blackberry...small price to pay for continued loyalty to the Curve?
    12-28-09 12:47 PM
    You dont hate your Curve.

Your Curve hates you.
    HAAAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

be nice to your curve and it'll be nice to you!
    12-28-09 02:02 PM
    Blackberry is not for you.
    12-28-09 02:17 PM
    Where it shows your messages with someone like a convo on IM

how do you get it to do that?
    12-29-09 12:45 PM
    threaded sms? mine does. weird that yours does not!
    and i love my curve!
    12-30-09 09:11 AM
168 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD