which one did you like better...i have the pearl and i LOVE it butthe curves are on sale and i love getting fresh shiny phones..what are some pros and cons about the curve...thank You (btw im a girl and i have acrylic nails if that matters)
    05-28-09 12:22 PM
    One of the biggest pros is the full QWERTY keyboard. I upgraded from the Pearl and haven't regretted it yet. Its so much easier and faster to type with the Curve. I haven't used my Blackberry with acrylic nails so I don't know how difficult that would be. It does take a little bit to get used to the change in the key size and placement as well as the size of the phone itself. I do highly reccomend upgrading. You won't regret it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by kakakasiBB; 05-28-09 at 12:39 PM.
    05-28-09 12:26 PM
    Have both and if the same features could be integrated into the Pearl with a bigger screen, I would take the Pearl. I love my Curve but I haven't quite gotten teh hang of the full Qwerty keyboard yet and the layout is awkward to me. I love the bigger screen though as well as some of the other features that would prevent me from going back to a Pearl.
    05-28-09 12:37 PM
    both have their benefits. I am using a Curve now and I had a different curve and 2 pearls in the past also. So far I like the size of the pearl much better but I like the screen size for browsing much better on the Curve.

Over all I like the curve a bit better for the speed and browsing on a larger screen.
    05-28-09 01:02 PM
    I have had both and I love my Curve and its full qwerty
    05-28-09 01:05 PM
    I have had both and I like Curve much better, it's a size thing. However, if the Pearl Flip were to hit the market tomorrow I might consider jumping ship.
    05-28-09 01:16 PM
    I've had both and I prefer my Curve because it has a better processor, larger screen, more onboard memory and a qwerty keypad.
    05-28-09 01:21 PM
    The Pearl drives me nuts. Just trying to type on it for Enterprise Activation irritates me, but 2 of my users who have them requested them again when we switched to VZW. One even tried the Curve but asked for a Pearl instead... Makes no sense to me, but to each their own...
    05-28-09 01:26 PM
    I've had both and I absolutely love the Curve more. For the same reasons as listed by others previously.

05-28-09 09:25 PM
    I used them both and the Curve has more memory, full qwerty keyboard...
    05-28-09 09:48 PM
    Curve is a much better overall phone. I would reccomend the switch.

05-28-09 09:50 PM
    Same here, prefer ther Curve by far.

However, the keys on the Curve are a lot smaller and I use the ends of my fingernails (thumbnails actually) to type. You might have difficulty using the keyboard, especially with long nails.

I suggest you go to a store and get some hands on time with the Curve to see if it will be a problem. Or if some of the other users of the female persuasion can chime in about this.

05-28-09 09:57 PM
    I had an unlocked Pearl with a generic data plan (no blackberry messenger) and upgraded to the Curve with a blackberry plan and I like my Curve much better. I was worried about getting a bigger phone cause I just didn't think I would like it, so I definitely recommend going into a store and playing with one to see if the size is okay. (LOLn minds outta the gutter!!! Oohh ... Wait? Mine?)
    I feel the Curves functionality is superior to the Pearls, but I had an 8100 so it had better be!
    I had acrylic nails as well, what a flippin pain (as far as any cell phone usage goes!). Its difficult but you learn to operate the phone with the corners of those things and I did feel it hampered my speed.

05-28-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD