I know the Curve doesn't have SureType because it's a QWERTY keyboard. The fact remains, though, that I suck at typing on the Blackberry. I was a Sidekick user for a long time, and I could go over 60wpm without looking on that thing. The Curve, I'm nowhere near it. I know about spell check and auto text, of course, but is there any third party predictive text for the Curve? I don't want to have to make a million auto text entries, and spell checking all the time is an annoying extra step...has anybody come out with software that does this sort of thing for the Curve?
    04-08-08 12:11 AM
    None of which I am aware.

Predictive text is available on the 8130, but many users I know turn it off as annoying.
    04-08-08 12:17 AM
    I currently have 360 auto-text entries for common words, just as I did on my Sidekick. It takes a few hours to set them up, but once they're there, I can type just as fast on the Curve as I could on the SK, and that's pretty fast. Predictive text is nowhere near as fast, because of the necessity of scrolling and clicking all the time. And if the problem is that you are making a lot of typos, predictive text won't give you the right choices.
    04-08-08 08:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD